Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

On 05/10/2016 at 16:12, geared said:

Well if he's got a decent mobile he must be a fairly successful big issue seller.

and he can't be spending his earnings on fags, booze or worse...........

Why can't he?  He could be getting more from begging than a steady job 

On 05/10/2016 at 16:18, lipschitz said:

It appears to be the new thing, begging. Probably pays better than minimum wage too! Although it is still illegal and I wonder why the police don't move them on.

Not a new idea generally. But loads of the lazy buggers turning to the idea. These are the people that think life owes them a living.

Spare change you say.   What makes you think it is ok for YOU to ask me to give you  MY  money.  F off I tell them, especially when I am withdrwing cash from an ATM. Cheeky Barstewards get a F#&%**# % * Job like the rest of us!

They come from feckkess parents  what can you expect.

Edited by mart
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

I don't care what your beliefs are.  They are not my beliefs.  Now shut up harvey.

As always,  nothing to do with the subject.

Just tie your coat tails to another poster who may manage to bring me down better than you.   Go and play.

‘Bring you down better’?  Hmm, well I’m still yet  to hear a convincing argument for giving to beggars. And all you have done is basically stick your fingers in your ears when it’s explained why it’s not a good idea to give to beggars and say ‘shut up’, ‘you’re a nuisance, go away’ and ‘I will not obey’. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pfifes said:

‘Bring you down better’?  Hmm, well I’m still yet  to hear a convincing argument for giving to beggars. And all you have done is basically stick your fingers in your ears when it’s explained why it’s not a good idea to give to beggars and say ‘shut up’, ‘you’re a nuisance, go away’ and ‘I will not obey’. 

You don't realise that,  I don't have to give an argument,  convincing or not,  regarding what I do with my own money.

I decide what to do,  and I do it.    Quite simple really.

Or does some law say that I have to be bound by you ?

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

You don't realise that,  I don't have to give an argument,  convincing or not,  regarding what I do with my own money.

I decide what to do,  and I do it.    Quite simple really.

Or does some law say that I have to be bound by you ?

No.  But on the other hand it’s rude to tell others to ‘shut up’ and insult them if they don’t share your opinion.  I’ve never told you to shut up, I’ve simply presented why I don’t agree.  I know you have dug your heels in and won’t budge on your opinion but you seem unable to accept that others can voice their opinions if they are different to your own without being rude and telling them to shut up and go away.

• Like 2

Just got back from a bit of shopping Doncaster Town centre walking from my car approximately 400 yards I can't count how many times I've been asked for loose change and one asked if I would buy him a coffee conveniently sat out massarellis coffee shop sorry no more Doncaster I will stick to Barnsley from now on!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, pfifes said:

No.  But on the other hand it’s rude to tell others to ‘shut up’ and insult them if they don’t share your opinion.  I’ve never told you to shut up, I’ve simply presented why I don’t agree.  I know you have dug your heels in and won’t budge on your opinion but you seem unable to accept that others can voice their opinions if they are different to your own without being rude and telling them to shut up and go away.

By all means voice your opinions to you hearts content,  but don't expect me to carry on a discussion with you which has now been concluded.

So,  in other words,  you are then speaking to the forum and not to me.

It's one of the very annoying traits that told me that you are harvey19.

Edited by Organgrinder

2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

By all means voice your opinions to you hearts content,  but don't expect me to carry on a discussion with you which has now been concluded.

So,  in other words,  you are then speaking to the forum and not to me.

It's one of the very annoying traits that told me that you are harvey19.

I’ve already said that I am not harvey19.  If you are really not bothered about me voicing a different opinion to you on this matter I don’t know why you bother to respond and why you’ve gone ranting off about ‘not obeying’ and telling me to shut up.  Which speaks volumes really.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, pfifes said:

I’ve already said that I am not harvey19.  If you are really not bothered about me voicing a different opinion to you on this matter I don’t know why you bother to respond and why you’ve gone ranting off about ‘not obeying’ and telling me to shut up.  Which speaks volumes really.  

If you read my middle line it says speaking  to the forum and not to me.

Don't bother wondering why I do anything because I'm busy pleasing myself and not you. 

I'm not ranting and you are starting to look a little silly now   and  you are harvey alright.

Edited by Organgrinder