Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

42 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Unlike yourself I'm happy to concede when I may have been wrong. I mean, keyboard warriors don't make the best soldiers in the real world so the thought of you fighting in any war illegal or otherwise is clearly laughable. 

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

Surprise, surprise,  snips out the bit referring to him lying.

Surprise surprise,  no I didn't.

Clown🤣

41 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Unlike yourself I'm happy to concede when I may have been wrong. I mean, keyboard warriors don't make the best soldiers in the real world so the thought of you fighting in any war illegal or otherwise is clearly laughable. 

You never came near conceding that you were wrong even when I proved it to you.

the laughs won't work either.

Just now, Organgrinder said:

You never came near conceding that you were wrong even when I proved it to you.

Snipped 

I said 

"Unlike yourself I'm happy to concede when I may have been wrong"

So where did you prove me wrong?

Link to it and I'm happy to stand by my word.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Some are. Not all, as we know. 

In an official audit, out of 37 beggars, just 8 were found to be of no fixed abode. That is less than a quarter. The vast majority have a fixed abode. And for those 8, emergency shelter and food is available at The Salvation Army. Their problems/addictions are not my problem.

Edited by Irene Swaine
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

In an official audit, out of 37 beggars, just 8 were found to be of no fixed abode. That is less than a quarter. The vast majority have a fixed abode. And for those 8, emergency shelter and food is available at The Salvation Army. Their problems/addictions are not my problem.

Im on about in general, not just in Sheffield. I suspect the numbers of actual genuine homeless people in other cities is higher than that percentage above.

12 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I don't understand why anyone who is actually homeless would get a dog. If they supposedly can't look after themselves, how could they look after an animal? If a dog was kept in an unfit home, the RSPCA would take it away. The pavement is an unfit home. Hmmm.

Some rough sleepers have a dog for companionship and for protection. If the guy set alight in Birmingham last week had got a dog perhaps he wouldn't have been targeted.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/horror-homeless-man-set-fire-28095620?int_source=nba

1 hour ago, horribleblob said:

Some rough sleepers have a dog for companionship and for protection. If the guy set alight in Birmingham last week had got a dog perhaps he wouldn't have been targeted.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/horror-homeless-man-set-fire-28095620?int_source=nba

That's true,   and there is also the fact that some rough sleepers will have had the dog before they became homeless.

If someone wants to hang on to the only true friend they have in the world,  that's fine by me.

Some dogs are far nicer than some people. 

Edited by Organgrinder

Just got back from ASDA, and the usual beggar who sits by the entrance isn't there...

However he has left a note thanking everyone for their contributions over the last year.

At the moment he's on a 3 week holiday in Tenerife, but will be back in time for Christmas.

That's very nice of him, and it's saved me a couple of quid :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3