Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

3 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Dogs aren't humans. They easily move on with a loving home. It's animal neglect and abuse to keep a dog out on the street, day in, day out in my opinion. I doubt the beggar has poo bags too.

As usual, we have  to differ because I don't think you know anything about dogs except that you dislike them.

You have just said in the previous post   "The owners of bull dogs have no consideration for others though".

That shows clearly that you don't even have the sense to realise that every owner of every bulldog doesn't act and think exactly the same.

Everything you say is based on your personal prejudices rather than facts.  Not the mark of a normal sensible person.

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

As usual, we have  to differ because I don't think you know anything about dogs except that you dislike them.

You have just said in the previous post   "The owners of bull dogs have no consideration for others though".

That shows clearly that you don't even have the sense to realise that every owner of every bulldog doesn't act and think exactly the same.

Everything you say is based on your personal prejudices rather than facts.  Not the mark of a normal sensible person.

I have cared for some lovely dogs whilst family members take a break. I know how to care for dogs and be a responsible guardian. There is only one breed dominating the headlines for their brutal attacks and the common denominator is that they all have bull in the name. If you breed a dog for blood sports, what do you expect? Only a certain type of person seeks to buy this breed of dog.

48 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Thank you for being a responsible dog owner. The owners of bull dogs have no consideration for others though. I am very surprised that a Labrador bit, they are generally very loving and playful beings. I totally agree with your decision though. If the doggie had bit a toddler, the outcome could have been devastating. If only more dog owners were like you. 

Yes, they are a lovely breed ordinarily.

(In fact, I lost another a few months ago, but have just gained yet another pup of 10 weeks) 

He'd never done anything like it before, so it came as a complete shock. He was on a shortish lead, but suddenly veered across my path without any warning, and grabbed the bloke's wrist as we passed each other. Didn't draw blood or anything, but did make a mess of his jacket sleeve. There was obviously something about the man that he took a dislike to... aftershave? Natural odour? Walking style? We'll never know...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FoxLady said:

Yes, they are a lovely breed ordinarily.

(In fact, I lost another a few months ago, but have just gained yet another pup of 10 weeks) 

He'd never done anything like it before, so it came as a complete shock. He was on a shortish lead, but suddenly veered across my path without any warning, and grabbed the bloke's wrist as we passed each other. Didn't draw blood or anything, but did make a mess of his jacket sleeve. There was obviously something about the man that he took a dislike to... aftershave? Natural odour? Walking style? We'll never know...

My bold.

Not having a go but no wonder the vet wasn't impressed with your choice to euthanize. 

That seems like a result of poor/not enough training and very poor control on the lead. 

Again, not having a go just giving an opinion. 

8 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I have cared for some lovely dogs whilst family members take a break. I know how to care for dogs and be a responsible guardian. There is only one breed dominating the headlines for their brutal attacks and the common denominator is that they all have bull in the name. If you breed a dog for blood sports, what do you expect? Only a certain type of person seeks to buy this breed of dog.

Yes, a certain type of person is attracted to having a certain type of dog.  The trouble is that banning certain breeds of dogs will just result a different (and very possibly more aggressive)  breed of dog becoming popular with this type of person.  And on it goes.

The street people usually have a scrawny, sad looking little pooch though.  The poor dogs shouldn’t be there even if they are fed properly and provide companionship.
The guy with the aggressive dogs that Irene saw sounds like the one I saw.  I don’t think he’s typical but those dogs were jumping around and totally out of control.  That’s not acceptable in any public place.

Edited by pfifes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

Not having a go but no wonder the vet wasn't impressed with your choice to euthanize. 

That seems like a result of poor/not enough training and very poor control on the lead. 

Again, not having a go just giving an opinion. 

You're welcome to your "opinion", of course, but you've obviously never had a circa 5 stone something suddenly change direction without any warning. As regards not enough training, you are always training a dog. You never stop. 

The vet wasn't happy with the decision, but it was better coming from the owner than (perhaps) a destruction order from the authorities.

The victim in this case had enough status in Derbyshire County Council to take matters further, and make life awkward,  had he chosen.

I did inform him prior to the event, and all he could think of saying was he was surprised, because "dogs usually like me".

Patently this one didn't... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FoxLady said:

You're welcome to your "opinion", of course, but you've obviously never had a circa 5 stone something suddenly change direction without any warning.

Snipped 

No, I haven't. That's because I trained my GSD's properly 👍

On 20/11/2023 at 23:10, Irene Swaine said:

Sorry I've kept Staffordshire bulls for years years some show aggression to other dogs but never to people they love to play especially with children they were known as nanny dogs 🐕