Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

Every year people buy puppies as presents and come Febuary when the newness has worn off the dogs are discarded animal centres are bursting with unwanted pets please don't buy pets as Christmas presents I am a responsible dog owner and plead with people not to get them at Xmas!

1 hour ago, gaz 786 said:

Every year people buy puppies as presents and come Febuary when the newness has worn off the dogs are discarded animal centres are bursting with unwanted pets please don't buy pets as Christmas presents I am a responsible dog owner and plead with people not to get them at Xmas!

That I definitely agree with.

Plus there was a surge during covid and lockdowns of people suddenly buying pets.... now they are realising as the world has gone back to normal they're expected to get back into the offices and back free to go abroad on holidays how much of a burden having a pet is.

That I suspect is another big contributor to animal shelters being over burdened, not simply people's affordability.

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

That I definitely agree with.

Plus there was a surge during covid and lockdowns of people suddenly buying pets.... now they are realising as the world has gone back to normal they're expected to get back into the offices and back free to go abroad on holidays how much of a burden having a pet is.

That I suspect is another big contributor to animal shelters being over burdened, not simply people's affordability.

I agree that too many people don’t think through the implications of having a pet.  Anyone who was daft enough to get a pet during lockdown knowing that lockdown wouldn’t last forever isn’t adult enough to be responsible enough to look after an animal in my opinion. A true animal lover and responsible pet owner would never own an animal and consider it a ‘burden’.  
I do think it’s mostly the financial pressures of pet ownership that’s causing animal shelters to be overwhelmed now.  Most people having to return to work in an office  did so some time ago and there have been no restrictions on holidays abroad for some time. The cost of living crisis has continued to worsen more recently however.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Longcol said:

Take it you won't mind if I take 14 hours or so to respond........................

And there you go again. 

What an arrogant response.

Please don't think I'm going to let this go. You do not brand someone a liar just because you feel a wiseacre behind a keyboard.

I asked you a question in a civil manner, and expect a reply.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FoxLady said:

And there you go again. 

Please don't think I'm going to let this go. You do not brand someone a liar just because you feel a wiseacre behind a keyboard.

You tell him , Sister :thumbsup:

On 23/11/2023 at 23:36, FoxLady said:

And there you go again. 

Never used the "l" word in 20 years on SF AFAIK.