Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

23 hours ago, RollingJ said:

So - why go back 7 years for quote?

New Poster, maybe hasn't quite got the hang of it yet. I've been known to post before realising a thread is ancient, (and anyway some issues come round again and again.) Give them a break and make them feel welcome.

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

New Poster, maybe hasn't quite got the hang of it yet. I've been known to post before realising a thread is ancient, (and anyway some issues come round again and again.) Give them a break and make them feel welcome.

Anna, had they not obviously read the topic, to find that quote, so should have noticed the date, I would, but my experience after using  message boards of various types for 30+ years, and being am admin/mod on forums &c leads to my comments above.

On 29/11/2023 at 07:07, Anna B said:

There is nothing in the rules that says there is a time limit on responding to posts. RollingJ just likes being pessimistic.

3 hours ago, horribleblob said:

Perhaps because, seven years on, there are still "people effectively living in shop doorways".

So- there are more up-to-date posts - on this topic

3 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

There is nothing in the rules that says there is a time limit on responding to posts. RollingJ just likes being pessimistic.

There isn't, Irene - I agree with that, but as above, why go back to almost the first page of a 225 page long one?