Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

So you think spraying them with water is a cracking idea that will get loads of great PR? 

This has now made the BBC News btw. 

Not spraying them but wetting the floor is a good form of pest control in terms of these dossers. Seeing this video has not made me any less likely to buy from McDonald's, quite the opposite. McDonald's are creating a safer environment for their customers as they enter and leave the store. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

If you ran a business, would you want some dosser outside, hassling potential customers and putting them off entering?

I can't see the sailors who visit your establishment been put off by a few scruffy floor-dwellers.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Not spraying them but wetting the floor is a good form of pest control in terms of these dossers. Seeing this video has not made me any less likely to buy from McDonald's, quite the opposite. McDonald's are creating a safer environment for their customers as they enter and leave the store. 

Wetting the floor before anyone arrives is a world of difference from wetting actual people sat there. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Wetting the floor before anyone arrives is a world of difference from wetting actual people sat there. 

We don't see what happened before the video. It could be that the man's paraphernallia was moved towards the Nationwide and the floor duly wettened afterwards outside McDonald's. At least the customers of McDonald's can enter and leave the restaurant without being harassed by some scummer now. People are getting fed up with beggars chancing their luck. The good will has run out. 

Edited by Irene Swaine
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

We don't see what happened before the video. It could be that the man's paraphernallia was moved towards the Nationwide and the floor duly wettened afterwards outside McDonald's. At least the customers of McDonald's can enter and leave the restaurant without being harassed by some scummer now. People are getting fed up with beggars chancing their luck. The good will has run out. 

There was a time on these boards when you wouldn't have been allowed to repeatedly refer to people that way. 

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

There was a time on these boards when you wouldn't have been allowed to repeatedly refer to people that way. 

Times change.

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Manners - and common sense - seems lacking in some.

If you knew anything about running a business, you'd know that a begging hobo outside is not a good way to attract customers in to the store.

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

Times change. (1)

If you knew anything about running a business, you'd know that a begging hobo outside is not a good way to attract customers in to the store. (2)

(1) And not always for the better.

(2) Not put me off - I must be of sterner stuff, but I wouldn't go in a McDonald's, anyway.

6 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

(1) And not always for the better.

(2) Not put me off - I must be of sterner stuff, but I wouldn't go in a McDonald's, anyway.

It's not about sterner stuff, it's about people not wanting to be hassled by a dosser on their way in and out of a store. They are a nuisance and I am sure places like McDonald's, Tesco etc are getting fed up of it.

• Like 1