Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

An amusing incident today , I sat on the marble pile inducing benches out side the Moor Market ,  A bloke in his mid thirty's along with a couple more around the same age took up the four or five other pews .

A tap on the shoulder from one who asked " What size shoes do I take "  I told him my size and he produced a brand new pair of Sketttchers  complete with box from his back pack . " 20  quid mate" he informed me "£75 int shop" , I declined his offer and carried on reading my news paper , 

I then realised that  there was a full on shoe sale going on beside me as the whole lo off t em had a box of brand new trainers in various sizes and colours , Any passer by who looked as though they may be up for a bargain was stopped and shown the goods , The price £20  inc box and wrapping .

I got curious and asked my seated neighbour where they had got the goods from , He  laughed and pointed at three or four near by shoe  shops , "Any or that lot " He said , I asked why they were now selling them at such a bargain price ," Plenty more where them come from " He replied , " What kind does tha want " . 

I realised then that the goods were all the result of shop lifting , That these guys were sitting in full view of the actual shops they had lifted from without a care in the World ,   They were smoking a spiff as well as dealing in designer trainers .

What really fascinated me was the fact that the whole  area is surrounded by cameras , Also that the City patrol officers are passing by without taking any notice of the shoe sales going on under their  very noses .

Many seated people were watching the wheeling and dealing . Two lots were soon sold and the shoe dealers casually humped their bags onto the shoulder and walked away looking for fresh customers .

Shop lifting must be easy if this was any thing to go by .

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

An amusing incident today , I sat on the marble pile inducing benches out side the Moor Market ,  A bloke in his mid thirty's along with a couple more around the same age took up the four or five other pews .

A tap on the shoulder from one who asked " What size shoes do I take "  I told him my size and he produced a brand new pair of Sketttchers  complete with box from his back pack . " 20  quid mate" he informed me "£75 int shop" , I declined his offer and carried on reading my news paper , 

I then realised that  there was a full on shoe sale going on beside me as the whole lo off t em had a box of brand new trainers in various sizes and colours , Any passer by who looked as though they may be up for a bargain was stopped and shown the goods , The price £20  inc box and wrapping .

I got curious and asked my seated neighbour where they had got the goods from , He  laughed and pointed at three or four near by shoe  shops , "Any or that lot " He said , I asked why they were now selling them at such a bargain price ," Plenty more where them come from " He replied , " What kind does tha want " . 

I realised then that the goods were all the result of shop lifting , That these guys were sitting in full view of the actual shops they had lifted from without a care in the World ,   They were smoking a spiff as well as dealing in designer trainers .

What really fascinated me was the fact that the whole  area is surrounded by cameras , Also that the City patrol officers are passing by without taking any notice of the shoe sales going on under their  very noses .

Many seated people were watching the wheeling and dealing . Two lots were soon sold and the shoe dealers casually humped their bags onto the shoulder and walked away looking for fresh customers .

Did the shoes fit ok, are you pleased with your purchase?

• Like 1

Rotherham, Doncaster & Barnsley councils all have these city centre orders in place allowing police to deal with beggars, which is why you don't see as many there, and is also why they all come to Sheffield as our council refuse to implement the same order as it infringes the beggars liberties.

Walking home from work today at Barker's Pool and a woman walked past me carrying a bottle of wine was screaming "WAAAYNEEEY" at the top of her lungs. Anyway she must've found him sitting outside the Lloyds Number 1 pub on Division Street.

I've seen and heard them before arguing and carrying on on the street. He seems okay, but she's a persistent beggar and a nuisance.

7 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Walking home from work today at Barker's Pool and a woman walked past me carrying a bottle of wine was screaming "WAAAYNEEEY" at the top of her lungs. Anyway she must've found him sitting outside the Lloyds Number 1 pub on Division Street.

I've seen and heard them before arguing and carrying on on the street. He seems okay, but she's a persistent beggar and a nuisance.

Poor wayne 😢 

Sheffield has the best  tramps and beggars in all of the UK cities.

Most are created by the council to be long term homeless.

Many have years of valuable experience living on the streets, ensuring a future for our great city.

Sheffield beggars do NOT receive payment.

Please donate a few coppers if you see any..

I can be found, usually asleep in the Peace Gardens  9am- 4pm if you need further information.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Padders said:

Sheffield has the best  tramps and beggars in all of the UK cities.

Most are created by the council to be long term homeless.

Many have years of valuable experience living on the streets, ensuring a future for our great city.

Sheffield beggars do NOT receive payment.

Please donate a few coppers if you see any..

I can be found, usually asleep in the Peace Gardens  9am- 4pm if you need further information.

What an awful post, I expected better from you.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Must have passed each other Cuttsie.

was there with my mother - who also doesn't like the stone seats.

Didn't see the shoe salesmen, which is a shame, I could have done with a pair of new work boots 🥾🥾    8)

• Like 1