Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

Ofcourse Padders, my favourite customer! Been on holiday in Faro for a while, just got back. 🌅

Thank heavens somebody does...

Hope you enjoyed your Hols, nice to see you back:thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

Thank heavens somebody does...

Hope you enjoyed your Hols, nice to see you back:thumbsup:

Thank you Padders and like wise. Looks like we've had a bit of a revamp, have we been bought by new owners? Has Mr Sellars sold up?

8 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Thank you Padders and like wise. Looks like we've had a bit of a revamp, have we been bought by new owners? Has Mr Sellars sold up?

No - the current owners have appointed someone to just try and improve things a bit.

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

The beggars infringe our liberties by making us feel uneasy walking around the city centre. If the council want to get the city centre back to the heyday, they need to clamp down on these scoundrels hard. 🛑Zero Tolerance🛑

So you're suggesting that we should pass laws that say words to the effect that it is a criminal offence to make people like Irene "feel uneasy"? There are already many laws on the books to do with public order, concerning alarming, distressing and/or harassing behaviour. Do you wish to extend that to making someone feel uneasy? Perhaps because they dyed their hair a bright colour, or wear multiple piercings, perhaps?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dave_the_m said:

So you're suggesting that we should pass laws that say words to the effect that it is a criminal offence to make people like Irene "feel uneasy"? There are already many laws on the books to do with public order, concerning alarming, distressing and/or harassing behaviour. Do you wish to extend that to making someone feel uneasy? Perhaps because they dyed their hair a bright colour, or wear multiple piercings, perhaps?

My Daughter has a bluddy big Aspidistra in her lounge, how weird is that?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dave_the_m said:

You are twisting my words. You know full well you are. What I said was that the scoundrels that are begging for money, using needles on the streets to shoot up heroin or whatever those morons do with it and let their dogs fight in the middle of the High Street need action taking against them.

People can dye their hair whatever colour they want honey. It's democracy. I wouldn't dream of dying my hair one of those vulgar colours but people should be able to choose to ruin their hair.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, dave_the_m said:

What would your solution be ?

• Like 2