Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

I want to add that nobody should be criminalised because someone else decides that the person in question makes them feel uneasy. There are strict guidelines about what constitutes as unacceptable behaviour, such as begging, making violent threats etc and those should be the basis that the council take up enforcement. 

(Off topic but it looks like we can finally add images here now, Whoop)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I want to add that nobody should be criminalised because someone else decides that the person in question makes them feel uneasy. There are strict guidelines about what constitutes as unacceptable behaviour, such as begging, making violent threats etc and those should be the basis that the council take up enforcement. 

(Off topic but it looks like we can finally add images here now, Whoop)

Did you buy a timeshare while you were on your jollies Irene?

38 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

People can dye their hair whatever colour they want honey. It's democracy. I wouldn't dream of dying my hair one of those vulgar colours but people should be able to choose to ruin their hair.

Your just a spoil sport Irene, democracy  do you not know how much pleasure us parent types get from unblocking bathroom U-bend's from the 8 foot matted strands of coloured hair, every time the waste system blocks up :suspect:

Bit like tree rings, I can tell what year and phase the daughters were going through by the multi hue dragged out the pipes :lol:.

Keep safe

Rocker  8)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Your just a spoil sport Irene, democracy  do you not know how much pleasure us parent types get from unblocking bathroom U-bend's from the 8 foot matted strands of coloured hair, every time the waste system blocks up :suspect:

Bit like tree rings, I can tell what year and phase the daughters were going through by the multi hue dragged out the pipes :lol:.

Keep safe

Rocker  8)

My hairs been every colour even permed in 80s lol always fancied a mohecan not got enough these days .....

10 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

You are twisting my words. You know full well you are. What I said was that the scoundrels that are begging for money, using needles on the streets to shoot up heroin or whatever those morons do with it and let their dogs fight in the middle of the High Street need action taking against them.

People can dye their hair whatever colour they want honey. It's democracy. I wouldn't dream of dying my hair one of those vulgar colours but people should be able to choose to ruin their hair.

No I'm not twisting your words. Your exact words words were "beggars infringe our liberties by making us feel uneasy walking around the city centre". I was just trying to point out that criminalising "making us feel uneasy" is a very dangerous path to take. While one person may be made to  feel uneasy by someone begging, another may feel intimidated by someone who dresses in a provocative punk rock style. Criminalising "making us feel uneasy" isn't the solution. And as I've already pointed out, there are already many laws to deal with genuinely antisocial behaviour (sections 4A and 5 of the Public Order Act, Criminal Behaviour Orders and so on). If the police had the will and the resources, they already have the powers they need to tackle this.

1 hour ago, dave_the_m said:

No I'm not twisting your words. Your exact words words were "beggars infringe our liberties by making us feel uneasy walking around the city centre". I was just trying to point out that criminalising "making us feel uneasy" is a very dangerous path to take. While one person may be made to  feel uneasy by someone begging, another may feel intimidated by someone who dresses in a provocative punk rock style. Criminalising "making us feel uneasy" isn't the solution. And as I've already pointed out, there are already many laws to deal with genuinely antisocial behaviour (sections 4A and 5 of the Public Order Act, Criminal Behaviour Orders and so on). If the police had the will and the resources, they already have the powers they need to tackle this.

Absolute classic from the 'Not the nine o'clock news'

NTNON: Constable Savage (youtube.com) 

Happy days when humour was free to reign :suspect:

Keep safe out there :blush:

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Those of us who aren't thick have been able to put images on here for years, lovey. 

I fear now though, since the Forum will now store and host the images that the costs will rise to a point that's no longer tenable to keep it running