Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

1 hour ago, woodmally1979 said:

Do you think anything will ever be done about this problem?  I mean there are about 15 people that beg in the city centre. Some have accommodation like that bloke who used to be outside Mcdonalds with the dogs the police took off him. Many deal and take drugs.  Many steal from shops. The poor staff having to work near Fitzallan Square I feel sorry for.

Im sure they have all been offered help but refuse to take it. There has to be a solution.

Police presence would be a start. 

6 hours ago, woodmally1979 said:

Do you think anything will ever be done about this problem?  I mean there are about 15 people that beg in the city centre. Some have accommodation like that bloke who used to be outside Mcdonalds with the dogs the police took off him. Many deal and take drugs.  Many steal from shops. The poor staff having to work near Fitzallan Square I feel sorry for.

Im sure they have all been offered help but refuse to take it. There has to be a solution.

Well Barnsley has cleaned up their town centre and solved this problem by introducing Town Protection Orders giving authorities and police the power to deal with them, sadly they then came to Sheffield to beg as our Labour council won't introduce the same as it infringes on the beggars liberties.

• Thanks 1

Just now, WarPig said:

Well Barnsley has cleaned up their town centre and solved this problem by introducing Town Protection Orders giving authorities and police the power to deal with them, sadly they then came to Sheffield to beg as our Labour council won't introduce the same as it infringes on the beggars liberties.

T think you will find such orders have been proposed and written by SCC , but for some reason, not implemented yet.

27 minutes ago, WarPig said:

I’ve heard that’s why there’s so many beggars in Sheffield.  They travel in from places like Barnsley that have cracked down on begging.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, pfifes said:

I’ve heard that’s why there’s so many beggars in Sheffield.  They travel in from places like Barnsley that have cracked down on begging.

Go back 25 years and Barnsley Council were actively shipping their homeless to Sheffield, I remember a meeting where a Barnsley Councillor stated "we haven't got any homeless in Barnsley" - apart from a few in voluntary sector housing (Beechurst on Sheffield road) they hadn't - and they soon shut that down.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, woodmally1979 said:

There is nothing that can be done….

Many of these homeless people are feral and have been living that way for years !!!!…

They don’t know how to do the right things in life,…

And if they tried it would be alien to them just like it would be alien to you eating out of bins,consuming drugs and alcohol and selling yourself !!!!….

It is very sad indeed but these people will only stop doing what they’re doing when they are ready to change  !!!!!….

Also these so called organisations that give out handouts are teaching them nothing !!!!..

”If you give a man a fish you will feed him for a day”….

If you teach a man how to fish you will feed him for the rest of their lives” !!!…

Simple isn’t it !!!!!!!…..

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Box11 said:

There is nothing that can be done….

Many of these homeless people are feral and have been living that way for years !!!!…

They don’t know how to do the right things in life,…

And if they tried it would be alien to them just like it would be alien to you eating out of bins,consuming drugs and alcohol and selling yourself !!!!….

It is very sad indeed but these people will only stop doing what they’re doing when they are ready to change  !!!!!….

Also these so called organisations that give out handouts are teaching them nothing !!!!..

”If you give a man a fish you will feed him for a day”….

If you teach a man how to fish you will feed him for the rest of their lives” !!!…

Simple isn’t it !!!!!!!…..

I wish people would make there mind up.

Half the posters reckon beggars have a cushy life, are already housed etc.

Others reckon they're feral, eating out of bins.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

I wish people would make there mind up.

Half the posters reckon beggars have a cushy life, are already housed etc.

Others reckon they're feral, eating out of bins.

A lot are matey….

Yes some do have accommodation while some are living on the streets….

But they are feral !!!….

They can’t adapt to a nice life because of their chaotic environment which many are happy with !!!!!…

Which is really sad….

12 hours ago, pfifes said:

I went to Glasgow for  a week for work in Glasgow. I travelled overnight and got into the city around 0530. Decided to walk to my accommodation that had been rented as it wasn't far.

Walking through the centre I noticed a minibus dropping people off at intervals, everyone of them were beggars. They'd sit in their 'patch' all day and then get picked up by the same minibus. 

17 hours ago, RollingJ said:

T think you will find such orders have been proposed and written by SCC , but for some reason, not implemented yet.

It has been consulted on and we're just awaiting it to go before a full council meeting now, I believe.