Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

I've been harassed by them in the past, they're not just passively begging, some of them approach you and demand money. Mostly High Street appropriately enough and the bottom of the Moor

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gormenghast said:

I've been harassed by them in the past, they're not just passively begging, some of them approach you and demand money. Mostly High Street appropriately enough and the bottom of the Moor

You must look an easy target🙂- in all my years of going into the city centre - Sheffield and others - I can probably count on the fingers of one hand the number of times anyone has 'demanded' anything off me, and they get a rather impolite response.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

You must look an easy target🙂- in all my years of going into the city centre - Sheffield and others - I can probably count on the fingers of one hand the number of times anyone has 'demanded' anything off me, and they get a rather impolite response.

You might be right 😀 but I can assure you that they received a similar response from me, using the full range the local vernacular that I've acquired over the years...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

SNIPPED

I can probably count on the fingers of one hand the number of times anyone has 'demanded' anything off me

Me too - & I lost all the fingers on both hands in a tragic accident some years ago

14 hours ago, woodmally1979 said:

That sounds about right. She screems something glad your hearing is better than mine. Shes always got a beer in her hand. 

You can't not hear her, she's got a mouth like the Mersey tunnel. Me and a couple of mates sometimes go into the Waterworks, her and her boyfriend are always sat outside on the pavement begging and causing trouble. She's got a real filthy mouth

14 hours ago, woodmally1979 said:

That sounds about right. She screems something glad your hearing is better than mine. Shes always got a beer in her hand. 

You can't not hear her, she's got a mouth like the Mersey tunnel. Me and a couple of mates sometimes go into the Waterworks, her and her boyfriend are always sat outside on the pavement begging and causing trouble. She's got a real filthy mouth

On 02/10/2024 at 14:42, *_ash_* said:

Police presence would be a start. 

Walked down the Moor the other day, the beggars are  far less annoying than the chuggers, who follow you and try not to take no for an answer. Saw 3 police walking or standing in my 10 minutes there.

Just now, Norbert said:

Walked down the Moor the other day, the beggars are  far less annoying than the chuggers, who follow you and try not to take no for an answer. Saw 3 police walking or standing in my 10 minutes there.

IF they try to annoy me, they get told - semi-politely, where to go.