Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

Buy the big issue, get groceries for a food bank or donate to a local charity instead. Giving to career beggars does a disservice to the community if the money is just going to drug dealers. Not to mention it encourages others to take it up. The sheer increase in people asking me for money in the street in Sheffield is absolutely crazy. I can't even go to my local small Tesco without someone camping outside anymore.

I agree about supporting foodbanks and local charities that help the homeless and vulnerable. However, I no longer buy the Big Issue. I fully supported the concept when it was first introduced, but like many good ideas it's open to abuse. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4535492/Judges-crack-EU-migrants-selling-Big-Issue.html

The Big Issue was a short term support to help people out of homelessness and into secure housing and hopefully, work. The same guy has been selling it for more than ten years on Fargate outside Orchard Square.

Some info about the Cathedral Archer Project here: http://www.archerproject.org.uk/index.php

Edited by Ms Macbeth

there are big issue sellers round every corner it seems; orchard square, town hall, chapel walk, outside costa on division street, near showroom cinema, central library/tudor square...and not just being there, shouting at and 'door-stepping' passers-by. If you refuse nicely, they have clearly been trained up to say "have a nice day" in attempt to give you a guilt trip.

Even the prime miner and donald trump is begging for votes.

Where Corbyn just flat out lies to get votes by talking rubbish about student fees and claiming to want to leave the EU when they had no intention of leaving the single market. :roll:

What labour want to do is give people who sit around on their backsides all day more money.

They want to give more incentives for people not to work. Like they did in the Blair years which we are all still paying for now.

Where Corbyn just flat out lies to get votes by talking rubbish about student fees and claiming to want to leave the EU when they had no intention of leaving the single market. :roll:

What labour want to do is give people who sit around on their backsides all day more money.

They want to give more incentives for people not to work. Like they did in the Blair years which we are all still paying for now.

Corbyn has openly never been in favour to join EU in first place, it is Theresa may who is lying all the way and begging for votes.

What if people have a disability? Many people who cant work due to health are told to take a hike by tories. This cut cut cut from poor and disabled will, sorry it started to, create a rich country with lots of beggars.

The biggest criminals are not on the street, they are on the top allowing this extreme diversity to happen.

It will work like a teeter totter, move the weight to one side and the other side needs to increase to keep the balance.

The increased begging on the street is a display of what is happening hidden behind closed doors by people who can make decisions on what happens with the money.

edit. biggest bill from blair years is for big banks collapse begging for help.

Edited by dutch

there are big issue sellers round every corner it seems; orchard square, town hall, chapel walk, outside costa on division street, near showroom cinema, central library/tudor square...and not just being there, shouting at and 'door-stepping' passers-by. If you refuse nicely, they have clearly been trained up to say "have a nice day" in attempt to give you a guilt trip.

What? Believe it or not they are trained and required to be polite. If they are not they are no longer allowed to sell. They are monitored closely and inspections of them are regularly and randomly done, to ensure they are acting well.

What would you rather they say to you?! Wpuld you rather they be rude? Surely 'have a nice day' is a polite and respectful response?!

Buy the big issue, get groceries for a food bank or donate to a local charity instead. Giving to career beggars does a disservice to the community if the money is just going to drug dealers. Not to mention it encourages others to take it up. The sheer increase in people asking me for money in the street in Sheffield is absolutely crazy. I can't even go to my local small Tesco without someone camping outside anymore.

It encourages others to take it up?!?!?

Who looks at dishevelled bigger with a cup full of change and an addiction and goes "that's the life for me?"

Corbyn has openly never been in favour to join EU in first place, it is Theresa may who is lying all the way and begging for votes.

What if people have a disability? Many people who cant work due to health are told to take a hike by tories. This cut cut cut from poor and disabled will, sorry it started to, create a rich country with lots of beggars.

The biggest criminals are not on the street, they are on the top allowing this extreme diversity to happen.

It will work like a teeter totter, move the weight to one side and the other side needs to increase to keep the balance.

The increased begging on the street is a display of what is happening hidden behind closed doors by people who can make decisions on what happens with the money.

edit. biggest bill from blair years is for big banks collapse begging for help.

Im not talking about people with disabilities.

Im talking about the feckless, workshy, baby making machines and layabouts

And the other new thing i discovered the other day was that people on unemployment are claiming child care costs. I mean WTF. They are sat at home all day watching Jeremy Kyle and claming bebenfits for someone else to look after their hoard of children.

And to make it worse they get the money paid directly into their own bank accounts and alot dont pay the nursery, they just keep the money.

Disgraceful.

Im not talking about people with disabilities.

Im talking about the feckless, workshy, baby making machines and layabouts

And the other new thing i discovered the other day was that people on unemployment are claiming child care costs. I mean WTF. They are sat at home all day watching Jeremy Kyle and claming bebenfits for someone else to look after their hoard of children.

And to make it worse they get the money paid directly into their own bank accounts and alot dont pay the nursery, they just keep the money.

Disgraceful.

And is this a hangover from 'the blair years'? How long does this hangover last? I mean I have a few two dayers these days but we've had 7 years of Tory gov't now. When could we reasonably expect them to have 'sorted the mess out'?