Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

No it isn’t. Empty shops are nothing to do with begging. They beg outside shops that aren’t empty.

if the beggars want money, shouldn’t they beg somewhere more upmarket than the Moor, what with a Poundland, quid bakery, half-a-dozen Greggs, and a flagship (!) TJ Hughes to shop at?

I’d suggest these beggars should move to L**ds, but that’s already full of homeless folks :help:

i think sometimes people just like to demonise beggars as it makes it easier to not confront the fact that in 2016 there are people effectively living in shop doorways.

And who would chose to do that?

Why is accommodation available for oversees refugees but nowhere for 'home grown' homeless? :huh:

---------- Post added 31-10-2017 at 20:07 ----------

Yes it is a lot more safer and comfortable shopping at Meadowhall . Sat in greggs yesterday at bottom of moor the so called beggars were hanging round in loose groups , some on bikes waiting for opportunity to strike. If they are truly homeless how come they all can afford cigs , dogs ,and beer. Surely these would be the first things that would go

Probably that's all you can fit in a couple of pockets?

Meadowhall - yeah safer, at the weekend the "groups" were armed police with semi-automatic rifles?

Yes was at Meadowhall today in fact and saw a couple of armed police patrolling but no beggars. I don't mind the big issue sellers at least they are trying something but money should not be given directly to beggars.

Armed police is a bit over the top for the beggars :hihi:.

---------- Post added 31-10-2017 at 22:06 ----------

The bottom of The Moor is getting terrible for beggars with their dogs. The dogs look so sad and cold that I’m surprised that the RSPCA haven’t become more involved.

I personally wouldn't want the euthanasia of that dog on my conscience. (Recent statistics reveal it destroys >half of animals it comes into contact with.)

And who would chose to do that?

Why is accommodation available for oversees refugees but nowhere for 'home grown' homeless? :huh:

You need to perhaps become aware of the different situations our 'homegrown' homeless are in. Many have had tenancies, often several, but can't or won't take responsibility for looking after their home; some won't go into hostels because they don't like the rules, or have a pet that they can't take with them. There are soical housing tenancies available through the council with no waiting time if someone genuinely wants a property.

As has been said, some of the beggars are certainly not homeless, but know that many of the public are kind (or daft) enough to give them money.

The link posted by Clogginchris is useful http://www.helpushelp.uk/