Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

I'll just add one thing to this thread .. beware all around the foot of the Moor its crawling with homeless druggies at all times of the day and night ... so much so that I totally avoid that area now completely ... so .. so much for the new Market quarter or the new gay quarter that they might be trying to create down there I wont be giving them my custom until this problem is cleared up :(:(

Who won't get your custom? the market or the gays? :)

Well some people have reported seeing beggars getting into fancy cars at the end of the day. One person even said they knew the house where the beggar lived!

Obviously that's just the word of a single person, but it does make you think.

I have seen them changing shifts several times; and different people on the same pitch at differnt times of day.

the University tramstop is a high rent pitch when the new financial year starts.

I think some of the posters mean a beggar can earn £200 a day but they give most of that over to their boss/pimp , same as a prostitute

What do the beggars get out of having a Boss/Pimp?

Rent free accommodation? Minders to watch their back?

---------- Post added 24-05-2018 at 18:22 ----------

Then why isn't this legislation being enforced? Over the years I've travelled to some, allegedly, poor countries and seen less begging than in Sheffield centre yesterday. Along Fargate there was one of the "spare changers" every few yards, plus the mobile ones who walk around. It really should be stamped out.

Surely something could be done, you would think.!

These days organised criminals are getting away with ARMED robberies scot free, not to mention Burglary's, Car and Motor cycle theft. All you get from these incidents is a Crime reference number, no police officer actually looks into the crime, it seems.

If the Police don't act on the above, will they even consider enforcing the begging law? I think not.!!

Last time i saw a bobby on foot patrolling town was back in 1995 or so.!

These days organised criminals are getting away with ARMED robberies scot free, not to mention Burglary's, Car and Motor cycle theft. All you get from these incidents is a Crime reference number, no police officer actually looks into the crime, it seems.

If the Police don't act on the above, will they even consider enforcing the begging law? I think not.!!

You need to get out more :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-44221184

Ahh, that's better. (The Link)

Taken from that page..."Our primary aim is to help people into accommodation, if needed, and away from begging but we are prepared to take a firmer approach when necessary."

When has a 'firmer approach' EVER been taken?

The Police seem to think its all down to 'Homelessness' and or Drug abuse.!

Nowt said about 'Organised Begging cartels' that some on here have suggested?

What do prostitutes get out of having a pimp ?

What my point is this.

'IF' these beggars have their own home and are begging purely for easy cash why would they need a boss/Pimp?

Unless the best begging spots in town have now become 'Owned' by some Cartel?

What my point is this.

'IF' these beggars have their own home and are begging purely for easy cash why would they need a boss/Pimp?

Unless the best begging spots in town have now become 'Owned' by some Cartel?

It does make you wonder . Many people have posted on here ( myself included ) about seeing beggars working shifts on certain sites and also about seeing them sharing out their gains at the end of the day :suspect: