Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

I apologize, it was a silly attempt to feed the mob and it worked. Carry on attacking vulnerable people.

No one is attacking vulnerable people- the opposite in fact. They're pointing out that feeding their drug habit or giving their gangmaster a reason to carry on exploiting them is the opposite of helping.

By all means, lock them up.

Then at least they'll have a clean bed and somewhere safe to sleep, and hopefully something to eat.

Better than starving in a shop doorway. What could be worse than that?

Or send them home to their flat just round the corner.

Or send them home to their flat just round the corner.

A lot of the street drinkers begging around West street live in the High rise flats in Upperthorpe and Netherthorpe .

I see them regularly as I live on Infirmary road and they come down to the Tesco and to the Polish grocers ( the east European beer can be very strong ) ,

They must like Tesco as they hang around the West street store as well , I wonder if they have a Clubcard ?

Closer than that! They have flats on Victoria street, just off West Street, and also on Rockingham court.

I don’t doubt it , no wonder the local resident association are upset .

I don’t agree with creating ghetto’s to house these people , but it must be annoying for the people who have paid a lot of money to live in an up and coming area and find they’re living on Skid row .

Its comlpetely out of hand it now seems and has gotten a lot worse in the last year or so ...

I avoid West Street and Division St and the WashingtonLower Moor area entirely at night now ... constant stream of (mainly male) homeless people approaching me for money many of whom are clearly addicts ....

So sad .. how can the Council promote a vibrate safe night time city economy with all this going on :-(

I don’t doubt it , no wonder the local resident association are upset .

I don’t agree with creating ghetto’s to house these people , but it must be annoying for the people who have paid a lot of money to live in an up and coming area and find they’re living on Skid row .

The homeless projects were there a good 20 years ago - well before the area was "up and coming".