Badge - Foreign

As we are on the path towards stigmatising foreign labour properly since Amber Rudd declared companies should make public the number of foreign staff they employ, I was wondering what sort of information the 'true Brits' on this forum would want conveyed on the badge we, foreigners, will be asked to wear in a decade.

Personally I think it would be handy to include a 'Voted Remain' indicator as well as a 'this accent is X' (X being Dutch in my case, perhaps with a flag?). I also think the social security number should be visible.

I think using a yellow hexagon is too emotive. I suggest a white badge with black text although British with dyslexia would probably prefer a pastel blue or orange background?

Of course, there is an important issue that is politically incorrect to discuss but we might as well tackle the elephant in the room - what do we do with 2nd/3rd generation South Asians? Do they need a different colour badge to distinguish?

Edited by tzijlstra

As we are on the path towards stigmatising foreign labour properly since Amber Rudd declared companies should make public the number of foreign staff they employ, I was wondering what sort of information the 'true Brits' on this forum would want conveyed on the batch we, foreigners, will be asked to wear in a decade.

Personally I think it would be handy to include a 'Voted Remain' indicator as well as a 'this accent is X' (X being Dutch in my case, perhaps with a flag?). I also think the social security number should be visible.

I think using a yellow hexagon is too emotive. I suggest a white badge with black text although British with dyslexia would probably prefer a pastel blue or orange background?

Of course, there is an important issue that is politically incorrect to discuss but we might as well tackle the elephant in the room - what do we do with 2nd/3rd generation South Asians? Do they need a different colour badge to distinguish?

You know how vets etc wear a badge that measure radiation exposure? Maybe something similar to indicate how much tax you have paid....

If it's glowing like the moon on werewolf night you're grand. If it's as dim as the glovebox light in an Austin Princess we'll look at you funny and with an air of unwarranted superiority.

;)

As we are on the path towards stigmatising foreign labour properly since Amber Rudd declared companies should make public the number of foreign staff they employ, I was wondering what sort of information the 'true Brits' on this forum would want conveyed on the batch we, foreigners, will be asked to wear in a decade.

Heh what a drama queen and how ridiculous.

Cant say im a fan of what she proposes as its a bit xenophobic, but its just conference talk. Your post is even more hysterical.

You know how vets etc wear a badge that measure radiation exposure? Maybe something similar to indicate how much tax you have paid....

If it's glowing like the moon on werewolf night you're grand. If it's as dim as the glovebox light in an Austin Princess we'll look at you funny and with an air of unwarranted superiority.

;)

:hihi:

Love it! :thumbsup:

Godwin's law klaxon!

;)

:hihi:

Love it! :thumbsup:

Excellent idea you two. What should that figure be? Do we have a special badge for those on benefits who only take tax money from the rest of us who work hard and provide for them?

Excellent idea you two. What should that figure be? Do we have a special badge for those on benefits who only take tax money from the rest of us who work hard and provide for them?

No. They quite clearly, should be shot.

(Mods...I am quite obviously joking)

We're doing this all wrong. Rather than give immigrants even more things (they've already had council houses, jobs, extra benefits and our women-folk) perhaps honest British tax payers can have badges. Or perhaps an arm band. Red, white and blue? Seems a bit French. Maybe red white and black? I'll bet farage has got a cupboard full of them.

We're doing this all wrong. Rather than give immigrants even more things (they've already had council houses, jobs, extra benefits and our women-folk) perhaps honest British tax payers can have badges. Or perhaps an arm band. Red, white and blue? Seems a bit French. Maybe red white and black? I'll bet farage has got a cupboard full of them.

Good idea. Let's pay for them using money from the foreign aid budget. Better than it going off to Bongo Bongo Land.

Heh what a drama queen and how ridiculous.

Cant say im a fan of what she proposes as its a bit xenophobic, but its just conference talk. Your post is even more hysterical.

They are meant to be intelligent people, its like a 'Sun' headline, except this one was spoken at the Conservative conference.