Badge - Foreign

This, from none other than the UK government's no.2, is downright shocking, if you take 2 minutes to reflect about it properly. This was not merely conference politicking and throw away noise. This was policy talk by the governing party with a comfortable majority. This was the UK's home secretary, not the UKIP or the BNP or the EDL leader or home secretary-elect at their conference. Shocking.

The jokey replies in here are all the vindication you needed, if you needed any. And they're not from the 'rabid' members.

Just leave this place to the parochial self-destructing course which its new leaders are quite clearly steering from now on. FUBAR and then some.

Few more bits of business to take care of, and I ain't gonna be long behind you, Tim.

Edited by L00b

So what should the amount paid be then to get a glowing badge?

I think I read somewhere you have to earn about £50k PA before you are truly considered a net contributer to the state. It's way above average salary anyway. Twice the amount due on that?

Footballers would be shiny!!!

Heh what a drama queen and how ridiculous.

Cant say im a fan of what she proposes as its a bit xenophobic, but its just conference talk. Your post is even more hysterical.

Firstly, my post is clearly satirical, secondly, satire always picks on real life issues. What Rudd said is despicable, the tone of the conference in general was despicable. They are, as Corbyn rightly stated, fuelling the xenophobic agenda.

I realise you are English and see this as a bit of a nonsense, but people like me, Loob and plenty other hard working migrants in this country will read rabid nonsense like this and realise that the tone of dialogue has changed even more towards the anti-immigrant agenda than we anticipated at Brexit.

Sometimes it pays to read in a different voice to your usual one, it is a well known tactic for journalists, try reading these comments from my perspective and see how this 'conference talk' impacts on me.

This, from none other than the UK government's no.2, is downright shocking, if you take 2 minutes to reflect about it properly. This was not merely conference politicking and throw away noise. This was policy talk by the governing party with a comfortable majority. This was the UK's home secretary, not the UKIP or the BNP or the EDL leader or home secretary-elect at their conference. Shocking.

The jokey replies in here are all the vindication you needed, if you needed any. And they're not from the 'rabid' members.

Just leave this place to the parochial self-destructing course which its new leaders are quite clearly steering from now on.

Few more bits of business to take care of, and I ain't gonna be long behind you, Tim.

Clearly, I need to watch this speech....

Just leave this place to the parochial self-destructing course which its new leaders are quite clearly steering from now on.

Of course it was conference politicking. Breakdowns of who comes where? Who is going to check that lot? The government? I point to the half arsed cluster that is the pension roll out. Stone me, they couldn't tell you how many foreigners work at the Houses of Parliament bars - and they wouldn't give a toss either.

Now I'm not saying there isn't an under current is this country - there is. But playing to the Tory faithful and rolling out actual policy are two very different things. It all seems a bit too much "rocking the boat" for Teresa May.

I think I read somewhere you have to earn about £50k PA before you are truly considered a net contributer to the state. It's way above average salary anyway. Twice the amount due on that?

Footballers would be shiny!!!

I heard it was about 30K, but thanks for answering my question.

I can't actually see the point in it. Though something like this should hardly be a surprise when we've been forced to give our nationality and ethnic origin on virtually every form we have filled in for the last 20 years - what's the point in collecting data like that if you aren't going to release it?

I can't actually see the point in it. Though something like this should hardly be a surprise when we've been forced to give our nationality and ethnic origin on virtually every form we have filled in for the last 20 years - what's the point in collecting data like that if you aren't going to release it?

Couldn't one extract this info from the census?

(I have yet to see this speech....)