Serious legal action needed against car owners who park on pavements

people who bump into park cars should open their eyes it would be better banning suicidal cyclists and mobility scooters from footpaths

Blind and visually impaired people relying on a Guide Dog cannot"open their eyes" to see what obstructions are there. On far too many occasions they will have to allow the dog to lead them into the road and run the risk of the busy traffic just to be able to get round cars parked on pavements.

you are quite right, however how do people park to allow emergency traffic to use their street, for the same disabled ppl. It is really a council poor planning problem.

you are quite right, however how do people park to allow emergency traffic to use their street, for the same disabled ppl. It is really a council poor planning problem.

:suspect:

I agree...

... if a road's not wide enough for parking on both sides without parking on the verge then the council ought to be out with their paint brushes painting some of those lovely double yellow lines. :twisted:

:suspect:

I agree...

... if a road's not wide enough for parking on both sides without parking on the verge then the council ought to be out with their paint brushes painting some of those lovely double yellow lines. :twisted:

guess you live on a wide road? I was really commenting on road that could be widened by eliminating grass verges,

Edited by phil752

• It is illegal to drive on a pavement
  • It is illegal to drive over a raised kerb

These need to be witnessed in the act to get a successful conviction.

• It is illegal to cause an obstruction

Obstruction should be prosecuted more regularly.

I thought the law was based on common sense.

If a vehicle is parked on the pavement, common sense would tell me it was driven there.

Out of 999 cases of cars parking on pavement, how many do you think did not drive there?

i have a drive too, don't judge other people if you don't have a problem.

:hihi:

I'm not judging anyone...

... I was just agreeing with you in that it is down to poor council planning.

But a few litres of quick drying gloss should soon solve the problem! :)

:hihi:

I'm not judging anyone...

... I was just agreeing with you in that it is down to poor council planning.

But a few litres of quick drying gloss should soon solve the problem! :)

for who the council or people who wish to park near their home, if your drive was parked across and you could not access it you would be a bit pee'd off

Edited by phil752