Serious legal action needed against car owners who park on pavements

I think it's about time that the authorities did something about people who own cars, the ones who think it is right to park on the pavement

You see cars with 2 wheels on the pavements and this can cause a serious hazard to pedestrians. A pedestrian could walk into a car and sustain a serious injury and cars on pavements can cause tripping hazards

I for one am sick to death of car owners who think it is there god given right to behave as they wish without considering people around them and the hazards that their actions cause others

Surely a £100 fine could be the thing to deter people from doing this?

I could make a start by issuing red cards and placing them on the windscreen of offending cars

Its not much but its at least a start

What do others think about offending cars and their selfish owners?

I take a middle ground on this. I think it`s acceptable to park partly the pavement but only if there`s still room for a wheelchair or (large) pram to get through (and they`re not blocking anyone`s drive). If not the offending car should get a ticket, no question.

It's legal to park on pavements unless signs say otherwise.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34988833

But it's illegal to drive on a pavement unless it has a council approved drop kerb, so unless you fly your car onto the pavement how have you got it there other than by driving?

Rule 145 states: “You MUST NOT drive on or over a pavement, footpath or bridleway except to gain lawful access to property, or in the case of an emergency.”

Though we park in the garage and on the drive, it only seems to encourage others in the street to park outside our house half on the grass verge which is soon churned up. They don't have room on their own drives because they own four cars. Why?

Though we park in the garage and on the drive, it only seems to encourage others in the street to park outside our house half on the grass verge which is soon churned up.

Now, that is a crime - criminal damage. Along with cracking paving slabs with car wheels. Only a small number of councils take action though.

Though we park in the garage and on the drive, it only seems to encourage others in the street to park outside our house half on the grass verge which is soon churned up. They don't have room on their own drives because they own four cars. Why?

I'm guessing that if you have at least a sizable 3 bedroom house then it's possible for mother, father and two grown-up children all to live in it and each to own a car. Although we have a slight problem in that ou8r neighbours also seem to park work vans there as well.

But for us it seems to be weekends when people are clearly visiting friends, family and such and there are far too many cars around.

I always abide by - roads are for vehicles and pavements are for pedestrians. I NEVER park on the pavement and if it happens there is not enough room on the road then to avoid obstructing anything I move to a more suitable place. Then walk to where I needed to be.

Some people are very lazy and need to park as close as possible with total disregard to everyone else.

I take a middle ground on this. I think it`s acceptable to park partly the pavement but only if there`s still room for a wheelchair or (large) pram to get through (and they`re not blocking anyone`s drive). If not the offending car should get a ticket, no question.

Shocking .........

Society in in decline

Edited by rogets