Scopididdle/skopididdle what is it?

Does anyone recognise/use this word. My mum uses it all the time and I dropped it into a sentence the other day and shocked everyone because no-one had heard it. They're still laughing at me now!

Yes and I think there's a thread on it somewhere! Up and down like a scopadiddle ... some sort of old tyme toy like a yoyo I think.

I remember Fiona Foster (TV presenter) once using it years ago when she was reading some financial news on BBC TV saying the FTSE was "up and down like a scopadiddle" - it'd been replaced with the word yoyo at the next bulletin! She's from Sheffield too, so maybe it's a local word? :)

Hee hee!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that uses this word! I think it's a great word. I used it the other day when we had the floods and our power kept going off I said 'I was up and down the ladder to the circuit breaker like a scopperdiddle!'

Archived