Raven pub off West Street?

hiya,when i started going in around 1960, there was a darts room to the right a best room to the left and a long concert room at the back, one night i met someone and took her home,that was the raven pub i remember,we married the following march 1961 we had just short of 54 years together, a son and a daughter, seven grandchildren and a g/granddaughter. Jean my wife she passed away last year not seeing another g/g daughter born this year, so i have fond memories of the raven Neville Watts hardwear at the top side, freeman oakes at the bottom side their garage entance was in cavendish street below. as a jewish bespoke tailor, and a cobbler,a school friend freddie wright lived in one of a row of houses, lower down was the back end of surmanco.Erver house it was called, lower still was Nesthills factory.

tory

Iworked at the nestill factory ernest hills from 1971 untill it was demolished we used to go in the raven for a pint and sandwich every friday dinnertime also every christmas when we finished for the hollidays had some good times in there

Yes the Raven was just of west street on fitzwilliam street used to pop in there for a quick pint when on a pub crawl along west street I think it was wards or whitbread but un sure never the less a good pint pity it had to close along with many Sheffield pubs I blame the beewery's for putting up rents and price of beer, I used to be landlord of the wood seats and I used to buy my own beer and lager from Harold at a fraction of the price breweries churched the breweries didn't know I did this burt the punters loved the cheaper beer Steve x

• 5 months later...
Guest makapaka
Does anybody remember a pub called the Raven i think it was on west st or that area it was a bit of a dive used to go there for christmas drinks with E.M.G.B is it still there

It ended up as "the hornblower" but was knocked down around 2000 for the west one complex to be built.