Fez club failings

uniB

Wondered what other people thought about this venue?

Went to see Simple Kid last night (very odd) and found the whole drinks situation to be ridiculous, I can just about put up with the fact they have nothing on tap but last night - on arrival we were told there were no cans left so the only choice was bottles at £2.80ish a go, and then they decided they did have some cans, and then decided they hadn't and then found some more. The gig wasn't even that busy so why on earth should they run out of cans??

And as for the venue, I think it has to rate amongst the worst live venues I've ever visited. I'm not knocking the Pink Promotions lady, good on her for trying to get a venue together for smaller bands but it's just such a shame it has to be at the Fez club, the Bar Fly at the National Centre was much better, shame they got chucked out. I went to see Biffy Clyro at the Fez club a couple of months ago and only managed to see the drummers arm twice all night!

Anyway, going to be there for the Web Brothers on Saturday so lets hope they've been down to Macro for a few more cans.

ive been to the fez a few times to see bands and quite like the layout, never really noticed the beer prices or that, but then when im out midweek im normally on non alco drinks. each to their own i suppose.

maybe u should have spoken to the promoter on the night, and she would have been able to tell you what the issues were?

It was pretty bizarre! It was broken up into two halves, in the first half he played along to a backing track and added such gems as him playing on top of Black Sabbath's Paranoid while singing Average Man (I think it was ) over the top, he then went on to treating us to about 5 minute of the talking thing from his website with a backing track.

The place seemed to empty during the interval, think it was a bit much for some people as nothing sounded anything like the album! In the second half he was joined on stage by a proper drummer, bassist and a saw player and did a country and western style set which went down much better.

Not exactly what I was expecting!

Archived