Trump / Clinton 2nd Presidential Debate

For some reason ive found this presidential election fascinating.

Trump made a good fist of it in the first half, but he failed to broaden his electoral appeal ( women or ethnic groups) and for some bizarre egotistical reason then wouldnt give a straight answer about the election result. The democratic process is more important than who gets elected and he's dragged it right down to an unprecedented low.

He should simply have said yes but instead he made himself look like a child who was already making conspiracy excuses.

If he has evidence, then he needs to present it.

On the Apprentice he always gets his own way even if he's unreasonable.

For some reason ive found this presidential election fascinating.

Trump made a good fist of it in the first half, but he failed to broaden his electoral appeal ( women or ethnic groups) and for some bizarre egotistical reason then wouldnt give a straight answer about the election result. The democratic process is more important than who gets elected and he's dragged it right down to an unprecedented low.

He should simply have said yes but instead he made himself look like a child who was already making conspiracy excuses.

If he has evidence, then he needs to present it.

On the Apprentice he always gets his own way even if he's unreasonable.

He did say yes he'd respect the outcome during the first debate. He's changed tack just recently.

His claims that the women who accuse him of sexual assault are fame seekers or plants was hilarious. I was watching the twitter feed throughout (for comedy value). The consensus seemed to be that his claims the allegations have been debunked are untrue and were met with much puzzlement.

He did say yes he'd respect the outcome during the first debate. He's changed tack just recently.

His claims that the women who accuse him of sexual assault are fame seekers or plants was hilarious. I was watching the twitter feed throughout (for comedy value). The consensus seemed to be that his claims the allegations have been debunked are untrue and were met with much puzzlement.

That would be the bit where he said he had the utmost respect for women and the audience guffawed. Yep the debunking is just wishful thinking, but his supporters will like it.

Same about the claim for Nato all spending more money due to his influence, totallu no evidence. His foreign policy knowledge is terrible.

At the beginning he did sound almost presidential and put forward reasonable alternative cases, but he went into meltdown.

The bit about the Apprentice and the Emmys being rigged threw him off balance as well.

Even Fox News and Breitbart though he'd lost. Too used to getting his own way.

That would be the bit where he said he had the utmost respect for women and the audience guffawed. Yep the debunking is just wishful thinking, but his supporters will like it.

Same about the claim for Nato all spending more money due to his influence, totallu no evidence. His foreign policy knowledge is terrible.

At the beginning he did sound almost presidential and put forward reasonable alternative cases, but he went into meltdown.

The bit about the Apprentice and the Emmys being rigged threw him off balance as well.

Even Fox News and Breitbart though he'd lost. Too used to getting his own way.

I kind of see his point about NATO....but the way he described other states paying for US protection sounded a bit....John Gotti to my ears.

I thought the Emmy interruption 'should have got it' was amusing. However I'm not entirely certain he meant it as a joke. He is quite an odd man.

Edited by Santo

I kind of see his point about NATO....but the way he described other states paying for US protection sounded a bit....John Gotti to my ears.

I thought the Emmy interruption 'should have got it' was amusing. However I'm not entirely certain he meant it as a joke. He is quite an odd man.

The Nato point is legitimate and they should pay more, Many dont spend the 2% and thus coasting off the USA. He was claiming it has been his influence to get them to spend more. Just not true. Gives you an idea what his diplomatic efforts will be like.

Thought the Emmy was just a good example of the ego.

---------- Post added 20-10-2016 at 17:54 ----------

He now says he will accept the result. Strange its taken him that long to realise the mistake. It has damaged him imo.

I wonder if he will change the tactic of claiming mass rigging? if he doesnt come up with prrof and carries on complaining then he will just look like a sore loser.

Seems he now says he will accept the result 100% if he wins.

He will challenge the result if he loses by less than a clear margin.

More ambiguity and fudging from him.

Edited by 999tigger

[/color]He now says he will accept the result. Strange its taken him that long to realise the mistake. It has damaged him imo.

I wonder if he will change the tactic of claiming mass rigging? if he doesnt come up with prrof and carries on complaining then he will just look like a sore loser.

I heard talk on some news programme today that Hillary was throwing accusations of vote rigging in 08 when she was up against Obama to be leader of the Democratic party.

Oh there are always lunatics on the fringes of society that threaten revolt if their candidate loses.

I think he will whinge and whine but have to live with it.

In his heart of hearts he must know he is an unlikely candidate and thoroughly lacking in experience.

Though Anna B seems to fancy a civil war.

No I don't. Where did I say that?

To question the outcome of the election is considered 'Unamerican' in a democratic society, so will cause controversy. If the result is close then a lot of Trump supporters, encouraged by Trump's stand, will also be calling 'foul,' and that can't end well. After the trouble and violence just at his rallies, heaven knows what could happen. I don't want it, I'm just saying Trump's stance might seem to give it the green light.

Donald Trump says the election is rigged and he won't necessarily stand by the result, so expect trouble ahead....

Trump has answered his critics and has just said that he WILL stand by the result - but only if he wins.

---------- Post added 20-10-2016 at 19:05 ----------

Hillary was throwing accusations of vote rigging in 08 when she was up against Obama to be leader of the Democratic party.

probably true, but then Obama would have likely done the same or similar had he come 2nd in that close contest.

by the way, in 2008, they weren't contesting to be any 'leader of the Democratic party'. There isn't really any such thing. They were in a contest to decide who would be the Democratic nominee, and that is not the same thing.

I heard talk on some news programme today that Hillary was throwing accusations of vote rigging in 08 when she was up against Obama to be leader of the Democratic party.

You really need to provide a verifiable source so I cna see what you are talking about.

If I accept what you said was true, then nothing came of it or at least I cant remember her making legal challenges and refusing to accpet the result.

At the moment Trump is alleging the whole presidential election is rigged and by millions of votes. Its up to him to provide the evidence.

You really need to provide a verifiable source so I cna see what you are talking about.

If I accept what you said was true, then nothing came of it or at least I cant remember her making legal challenges and refusing to accpet the result.

At the moment Trump is alleging the whole presidential election is rigged and by millions of votes. Its up to him to provide the evidence.

He's complaining that the media is biased against him for a start.