'Locker Room Banter'

So you did the same as DT and exaggerated for affect.

I've listened to the tape and I didn't hear him boast about sexual assault, its an exaggeration on your part.

So your comments were forum banter and throwaway comments but everything DT says in private should be taken seriously and literally, in your eyes it couldn't possibly be banter and over exaggeration on his part.

My impression was he was talking from experience and things he has actually done.

He was talking about actual incidents.

What would be the purpose otherwise?

I live in a world in which people don't sexually assault each other or punch each other, but we do kiss, cuddle and touch each other without asking for permission and we talk openly about anything without fear of being punched in the face, there are people like DT but they back off when told to back off.

Is that what Donald was doing just cuddling kissing and grabbing pussy? If its a stranger then you might want to ask permission because consent may not be forthcoming. That would make it assault.

My impression was he was talking from experience and things he has actually done.

It's a bizarre situation. First he is recorded bragging about sexually assaulting women. Then we get women alleging he assaulted them. Then he denies it despite having previously bragged about it! What's his defence? "No, it's not these women I assaulted!"

It's a bizarre situation. First he is recorded bragging about sexually assaulting women. Then we get women alleging he assaulted them. Then he denies it despite having previously bragged about it! What's his defence? "No, it's not these women I assaulted!"

Im more fascinated by the way in which the incident has been dismissed.

It came across as quite aggressive and something he was in a unique position to exploit (wealth and power). I think many of his supporters who have now abandoned him realised it was untenable, but its the continuing defences that are quite fascinating.

If he had stoof aside and let Pence run then it would be a lot closer.

Most interesting election in years, but not about policies. I think if it had been a UK MP then they would have resigned.

I'm definitely not a D.T fan in any shape or form. In my opinion, he is a sexist male chauvanist .

If he loses the election, he will claim the election was stolen from him- orchestrated

by means of a conspiracy perpetrated by the media in cahoots with the "establishment".

It has been suggested that if he is defeated the defeat may lead to insurrection. Even after the election is over, it's not over.

Edited by petemcewan

Im more fascinated by the way in which the incident has been dismissed.

It came across as quite aggressive and something he was in a unique position to exploit (wealth and power). I think many of his supporters who have now abandoned him realised it was untenable, but its the continuing defences that are quite fascinating.

If he had stoof aside and let Pence run then it would be a lot closer.

Most interesting election in years, but not about policies. I think if it had been a UK MP then they would have resigned.

Who resigns these days though? I sometimes wonder what it would take for someone to resign as an MP. They might resign from a ministerial or committee post, but who was the last person to resign as an MP? Everyone seems to have decided to "come out fighting" rather than do the decent thing.

---------- Post added 16-10-2016 at 15:49 ----------

I'm definitely not a D.T fan in any shape or form. In my opinion, he is a sexist male chauvanist .

If he loses the election, he will claim the election was stolen from him- orchestrated

by means of a conspiracy perpetrated by the media in cahoots with the "establishment".

It has been suggested that if he is defeated his defeat may lead to insurrection. Even after the election is over, it's not over.

One wonders how nuts the rhetoric will get after he's lost. Will he go the whole hog and blame a worldwide Jewish conspiracy?

People lie, exaggerate and brag about things they haven't done, men tend to exaggerate the number of people they have slept with, Trump isn't the best looking man in the world so maybe he likes to brag about having sex with people that wouldn't dream of getting into bed with him, he probably also lies about the size of his tool.

Who resigns these days though? I sometimes wonder what it would take for someone to resign as an MP. They might resign from a ministerial or committee post, but who was the last person to resign as an MP? Everyone seems to have decided to "come out fighting" rather than do the decent thing.

---------- Post added 16-10-2016 at 15:49 ----------

One wonders how nuts the rhetoric will get after he's lost. Will he go the whole hog and blame a worldwide Jewish conspiracy?

David Cameron is the last MP to resign. Patrick Mercer who was an MP for Newark also resigned in 2014.