Sunday lunch in Derbyshire

MARY POPPINS

If you are coming from Sheffield, The Grouse Inn (near Frogatt) is nice and in beautiful countryside. The food is good and the pub is a proper individual pub rather than a chain. It is geared up for walkers so is not the most fancy, depends what you are looking for!

If you are coming from Sheffield, The Grouse Inn (near Frogatt) is nice and in beautiful countryside. The food is good and the pub is a proper individual pub rather than a chain. It is geared up for walkers so is not the most fancy, depends what you are looking for!

Yes, how could I forget that one. A regular stop off for us on bike ride / walks. They do half sizes portions of their home made steak pie which is ideal if you dont want that stuffed feeling. Also the beer is pretty well looked after.

The Fox House has gone right downhill. I was tempted to leave without paying when we went recently (would have been easy, the airhead serving us had entirely forgotten about us, which was typical of the service all round), I only didn't out of empathy from my cashing-up days. The food is very mediocre.