Best Pubs in terms of interior design/display items

natonstan

Obviously Sheffield has a lot of beautifully designed pubs, but I wondered if anyone could recommend any in particular, I'm looking for pubs that have items on display, whether they relate to the pub itself or Sheffield history in general, whether they be paintings or other items.

Most of the True North Brew Co / Forum Café Bars outlets are quite nice - The York / Broadfield / Old House. All slightly quirky in some respect if you actually start to look in detail. Followed by most of the Thornbridge outlets as well, although I'd put the Bath pretty low on that list.

As for Sheffield having some beautiful pubs... well, I've seen a lot better if I'm honest. Try Googling Hall & Woodhouse in Bath or NaparBCN in Barcelona if you want a real eye opener.

Edited by DnAuK

I've not been. Just going on what I've heard.

From what I heard the one in Leeds paid £50K for a feature light fitting. It was basically some ladders strapped together with various current coloured items and bottles suspended from it with bulbs inside. Quite effective. but FIFTY GRAND??? Some people definitely have more money than sense. This is reflected in their usual clientele also.

White Lion on Chesterfield Road at Heeley is fantastic still has its original layout and the various items dotted about from different eras.

The Fat Cat at Kelhem Island has a nice bar, the Shakespeare is quite nice interior wise.

I'm not too keen on ultra modern pubs interiors seem to be very similar to each other.