Ebay issue, uncollected item

I've no doubt carosio.

But I'm talking about the eBay side of the listing (the bits above the description), not the description.

I.e. if a description states "cash on collection, no delivery", but the listing options (above the description) still include posting (even without choice or estimate).

I've seen, and still see, tons of listings that correspond to this situation (seller says cash on collection only in description, but listing has local collection and 'posting - contact the seller' as options).

The wording given to the right of the photos says "postage -collection in

person only", but I appreciate what you mean, the devil is in the detail.

I had this with an item that I sold a few months back, I'd listed as collection only as it was only a £2 item, then someone in London bidded and won, they took a week to pay, I had offered them the option to pullout, but they went and arranged a courier to pick it up.

I now make sure I stipulate no couriers, otherwise I can see me ending up having to wait in or open up late, in this case they were lucky as I'd opened up an hour early and caught the courier as I arrived, just as he was about to post a card saying he'd tried to pick up.

When doing refunds worth noting, if they've paid by PayPal you won't get the fees back that PayPal will have taken for handling the transaction.

Yes, I'm now aware of that - that's why they now take their fee as soon the seller receives payment. Previously you could reverse the payment without loss. It's getting tiresome when you have emphasized "cash only", perhaps buyers are worried about losing "protection"?

It's getting tiresome when you have emphasized "cash only", perhaps buyers are worried about losing "protection"?
Believe me, it gets even more tiresome on the 3rd buyer buying the same item 'by mistake', when they live 100s of miles away and clearly cop on too late that it's collection only ;)

Most eBay users these days treat it like Amazon, expecting full Distance Selling Regs to extend to private sales (for which caveat emptor applies instead).

Selling-wise, I had been using it since 1999 (and before that when it was just '.com'), but I've since given up on it for anything but the most mundane (anything which cannot possibly be misdescribed, break down in transit, be 'swapped for a broken one' at receipt, and which is low value to post recorded delivery; typically, printed stuff or DVDs/games).

Believe me, it gets even more tiresome on the 3rd buyer buying the same item 'by mistake', when they live 100s of miles away and clearly cop on too late that it's collection only ;)

Most eBay users these days treat it like Amazon, expecting full Distance Selling Regs to extend to private sales (for which caveat emptor applies instead).

Selling-wise, I had been using it since 1999 (and before that when it was just '.com'), but I've since given up on it for anything but the most mundane (anything which cannot possibly be misdescribed, break down in transit, be 'swapped for a broken one' at receipt, and which is low value to post recorded delivery; typically, printed stuff or DVDs/games).

You have an excellent understanding about how buyers behave on Ebay. Many good honest sellers have given up on Ebay because it's just not worth the hassle.

You have an excellent understanding about how buyers behave on Ebay. Many good honest sellers have given up on Ebay because it's just not worth the hassle.

I have a 100% record on Fleabay and if buying I try to buy off fellow 100% users. Only ever had one "problem" in over 10 years of Ebaying, so it's been ok for me. Honesty is required from both seller and buyer, then it runs fine.

Angel1.

Ive had that happen a few time people pay for things but never collect them,I sold a chop saw the guy paid for it he sent several messages saying he was coming to collect but never turned up,I put the saw back up for sale again and sold it again never heard a thing from the first person or Ebay.