Do You Need The BBC?

The TV licence has to be paid, but if you divide it by the services provided works out at almost nothing compared with subscription TV

I don't use any of the 'services' provided by the BBC. Nor do I wish to (I can no longer stomach the unremitting propaganda).

Compared to my monthly subscription for Netflix, the BBC TV licence is more than double the cost annually.

The BBC in the digital age is simply unwanted, unneeded and unaffordable.

I don't use any of the 'services' provided by the BBC. Nor do I wish to (I can no longer stomach the unremitting propaganda).

Compared to my monthly subscription for Netflix, the BBC TV licence is more than double the cost annually.

The BBC in the digital age is simply unwanted, unneeded and unaffordable.

Do you watch any other broadcast live television?

Do you watch any other broadcast live television?

No.

Because I refuse to pay the BBC TV licence fee (can't pay - won't pay) I am legally prevented from watching or recording live television broadcasts. And the BBC iPlayer. Under threat of a criminal record and large fine.

When I read that the BBC's Andrew Marr, 58, is paid a salary of £400,000. Andrew Neil, 68, a salary of £550,00 and John Humphrys, 74, a salary of £650,000, I know I have made the right decision.

I will no longer fund the BBC, which preaches equality but practices greed and corruption.

The BBC is a symbol of greed in the digital age.

A symbol of greed in the digital age. You should put that on a t-shirt.

By the way, that Netflix you speak so highly of, would that be the Netflix who paid sod all corporation tax a couple of years ago despite having profits over £200mil. Or perhaps its the netflix who this year were hitting the headlines for paying just £300k uk taxes despite "reporting" £1mil profit in thier published accounts with an alleged 300x times that money funneled through their base in Holland with a conveniently lower tax rate.

That one right? Greed and corruption you say.

I never listened to BBC radio when I used to drive over 4000 miles per month. I used to watch breakfast TV on ITV but I watch the one on BBC now. I often watch Sky news so I'm wondering what is on BBC what I could not live without. I do like some of their nature programmes.

Capital and heart all day? I'd drive into a wall! Although to be honest commercial radio isn't what it was. The main benefit of driving round Oxford is Jack FM.

• 3 weeks later...
Would you miss the BBC if you didnt want to pay the license fee?

I personally don't pay a penny towards the upkeep of the BBC, and I don't miss it. The BBC is a monolithic behemoth of an organisation that preaches equality, but practices extreme racial and sexual discrimination.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/19/bbc-criticised-for-banning-white-job-applicants-for-trainee-role-7243601/

The BBC has come under fire for excluding people from a white-ethnic background from applying for a traineeship.

In the criteria for the job with BBC Newsbeat, it states that the traineeship is only open to candidates from a black, Asian or non-white ethnic minority background.

The trainee multimedia journalist position has been offered through the social enterprise Creative Access, which aims to get better representation for people from ethnic minority backgrounds in the creative industries.

Newsbeat is the flagship news programme on BBC Radio 1 and 1Xtra aimed at 16-25 year-olds. The advert says that Newsbeat ‘is the ideal environment for this type of gradual multi-media training that is so rewarding to experience early in a journalism career.’

It also says that the successful candidate will taught how a busy newsroom works, broadcast journalism skills and video editing skills.

However, the advert has caused outrage after it was posted on the BBC Newsbeat Twitter page and has been accused of being ‘racist’.

Actress Vicki McKellar said: ‘Why do you think that ethnic minorities need a special leg up? That is not only patronising, it’s also racist. It’s also racist against white people.

‘Get the best person for the job regardless of skin colour.’

The BBC deliberately targets more women than men for prosecution for not paying it's exorbitant and unjust TV licence fee. The BBC deliberately pays women less than men for doing the same work. And now the BBC is recruiting based upon the colour of an applicants skin.

Anybody who disagree's with the BBC's discriminatory racist and sexist practices should withhold their BBC TV licence fee in protest.

Edited by Car Boot

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/19/bbc-criticised-for-banning-white-job-applicants-for-trainee-role-7243601/

The BBC has come under fire for excluding people from a white-ethnic background from applying for a traineeship.

In the criteria for the job with BBC Newsbeat, it states that the traineeship is only open to candidates from a black, Asian or non-white ethnic minority background.

The trainee multimedia journalist position has been offered through the social enterprise Creative Access, which aims to get better representation for people from ethnic minority backgrounds in the creative industries.

and?.... weve had this so many times over the years, positive discrimination, its to plug the gap that decades and decades and decades of racism in this country that means theres barely any ethnic minorities in the organisation, same with the police, same with most of the top jobs in government, in big business etc etc etc

Its not actually discriminating against whites, its proactively seeking more ethnic minorities, theres a difference

The BBC deliberately targets more women than men for prosecution for not paying it's exorbitant and unjust TV licence fee.

still banging on about that old chestnut :hihi:

more women happen to stay at home and have the telly on, more chance of getting caught...NEXT!!!

Edited by melthebell

still banging on about that old chestnut :hihi:

more women happen to stay at home and have the telly on, more chance of getting caught...NEXT!!!

A dangerously sexist and discriminatory statement if ever there was one.

Do you have any evidence to support your deluded assertion?

yup its a fact more women stay at home than men :suspect:

You stated that more women stay at home with the telly on than men, and so (according to you) are more likely than men to be caught breaking the law (watching television without paying the necessary BBC legal permission tv licence fee).

Why do you think so little of women in general?

By your sexist reasoning, women are more lazy than men and prefer to stay at home in front of the TV. Not true. Women have careers and lives away from the home these days - and many even go out to work! Astonishing, but true.

Also by your sexist reasoning, women are more likely than men to break the law because they want to stay at home and put their feet up watching free TV. Not true.

And just because women stay at home this does not mean it's because they are law breakers.

Women are disproportionately represented in BBC TV licence fee prosecutions and convictions in the UK. This IS NOT because women are more likely to commit this type of crime than men. Even the BBC has stated that it does not know why there is such a large overrepresentation of women in TV licence fee prosecutions and convictions.

The real answer, it is evident, is that women are deliberately targeted more than men by the BBC and Capita when chasing BBC TV licence fee evaders.