Do You Need The BBC?

The TV licence isn't for watching the BBC.

Why is over 90% of the BBC TV licence fee spent on BBC TV channels, BBC radio stations, BBC iPlayer and BBC online services?

What organisation receives the bulk of the BBC TV licence fee? Is it the BBC?

Tell that to the women who were prosecuted in 2016 by the BBC for being unable to afford the increasingly expensive BBC TV licence fee. Women in that year made up 71.9 per cent of all licence fee prosecutions.

I'm not at all sure they will agree with you.

I wonder which demographic watches the most TV?

Tell that to the women who were prosecuted in 2016 by the BBC for being unable to afford the increasingly expensive BBC TV licence fee. Women in that year made up 71.9 per cent of all licence fee prosecutions.

Do you have any evidence to show that they were unable to afford the licence fee? Or was it just a case of not wanting to pay and hoping they weren't caught?

If I owned a TV and couldn't afford the licence fee, I'd disconnect the TV aerial.

I wonder which demographic watches the most TV?

Ive tried arguing that, if you look at which two groups of people spend most of the time at home (unemployed / women) i wonder which two groups have the tv on more, and so are more likely to get caught.

Nah he uses netflix, which i believe? has no radio stations, no worldservice, no current affairs (just tv and films...generally of the action variety?)

Oh dear. You appear to be very out of touch with the quality of content that Netflix offers, for a cheaper price than the BBC.

I'm currently watching the documentary Netflix original 'Wild Wild Country'. You'll find a review here:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/apr/07/cult-oregon-1980s-terror-netflix-documentary-wild-country

Netflix produces many documentaries and tackles subjects the BBC would fight tooth and nail to prevent being broadcast. 'The killing$ of Tony Blair', for example. A documentary about Tony Blair's destruction of the Labour Party, his very well-remunerated business interests, and the thousands of innocent people who have died following his decision to invade Iraq.

Another documentary the BBC would never show is 'Goldman Sachs: The bank that runs the World'. You can see it on the non-censored Netflix.

Oh dear. You appear to be very out of touch with the quality of content that Netflix offers, for a cheaper price than the BBC.

I'm currently watching the documentary Netflix original 'Wild Wild Country'. You'll find a review here:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/apr/07/cult-oregon-1980s-terror-netflix-documentary-wild-country

Netflix produces many documentaries and tackles subjects the BBC would fight tooth and nail to prevent being broadcast. 'The killing$ of Tony Blair', for example. A documentary about Tony Blair's destruction of the Labour Party, his very well-remunerated business interests, and the thousands of innocent people who have died following his decision to invade Iraq.

Another documentary the BBC would never show is 'Goldman Sachs: The bank that runs the World'. You can see it on the non-censored Netflix.

ok it has a couple of documentaries too, any radio? world service? current affairs (news)

Netflix produces many documentaries and tackles subjects the BBC would fight tooth and nail to prevent being broadcast.

"fight tooth and nail to prevent being broadcast", laughable nonsense.

'The killing$ of Tony Blair', for example. A documentary about Tony Blair's destruction of the Labour Party, his very well-remunerated business interests, and the thousands of innocent people who have died following his decision to invade Iraq.

Was not made by Netflix, rather Molucca media, a company set up by George Galloway to channel earnings he recieved from the Iranian state-funded broadcaster! In this instance Galloway is one of those "metropolitan elites, feeding off the public purse" you claim to hate :suspect:

Another documentary the BBC would never show is 'Goldman Sachs: The bank that runs the World'.

Was not made by Netflix, rather ARTE which is funded by TV license fees paid in France and Germany!

You can see it on the non-censored Netflix.

Presumably, applying your logic here, ITV are censors because they don't broadcast Countryfile!:suspect:

Netflix won't commit to leaving its content uncensored around the world

https://www.theverge.com/2016/1/6/10724616/netflix-ces-2016-uncensored-original-global-content

Why the <removed> is breaking bad censored on netflix

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/why-the-f-is-breaking-bad-censored-on-netflix.206076717/

Non-censored you say? Nah, it's the "you don't have a clue what you're on about" factor :hihi:

Edited by nikki-red