Do You Need The BBC?

Im just viewing another thread on the subject of netflix and hula on another forum i frequent and people think they are crap, the main reason is there ISNT a full list of programmes they deliver AND some complain theres not that much content.

Also they complain a series might have 72 episodes then be missing the final 4, or regarding films they might have the 2nd or 3rd in a series but not the first.

The majority of people I know who have Netflix think that there's sooo much content provided that it's difficult to choose what to watch sometimes! Literally reading everything available takes such a long time because there is so much! These people have left behind the BBC, where too often there was simply nothing worth watching.

And they could try Netflix for a whole month without paying a penny. Giving them access to films and TV shows/documentary's never shown on the BBC. A try before you buy. They have ditched the BBC TV licence fee and never looked back.

The BBC is aware it cannot compete. Tony Hall has admitted this. Best to reduce the BBC to a news bulletin channel, and stop paying obscene amounts of public money to the greedy so-called BBC 'talent'.

I've used and seen it myself. When you've binged on the top stuff, you find there's very little new added to satisfy your demand, and you're flicking through the movies going "seen it", "seen it", "rubbish" etc.

I had the exact same experience every single day when I used to watch the repeat infested BBC1, BBC2 and BBC4.

---------- Post added 12-04-2018 at 13:09 ----------

Ironic that some of Netflix's best shows are BBC made then, made thanks to the licence fee. What will happen to then under your plan to reduce the BBC to a news channel?

Here's an idea.

Perhaps the BBC might try to support itself without dipping it's grubby, chubby little fingers into the public purse?

Voluntary subscription, as used by Netflix and Amazon, might be an option. Tony Hall, BBC Director General, says this voluntary method of funding massively outperforms the compulsory BBC TV licence fee, producing "extraordinary technical, financial and creative firepower".

While the BBC threatening customers with prosecution, a criminal record and large fine to get its funding, doesn't.

The BBC will definitely need the BBC TV licence fee (and it's annual increases) to pay the compensation and legal bill for the misuse of private information and breaking of data protection rules in regard to the Cliff Richard invasion of privacy court case.

The BBC used a licence fee funded helicopter and TV cameras to "spy into someone's home" as South Yorkshire Police 'coincidentally' carried out a raid.

It's shameful that there is no public accountability at the BBC and the people at the top refuse to accept any personal responsibility for their actions.

---------- Post added 17-04-2018 at 18:29 ----------

Im just viewing another thread on the subject of netflix and hula on another forum i frequent and people think they are crap, the main reason is there ISNT a full list of programmes they deliver AND some complain theres not that much content.

Also they complain a series might have 72 episodes then be missing the final 4, or regarding films they might have the 2nd or 3rd in a series but not the first.

Netflix is now financing its own high quality content in unprecedented quantities.

This year, the company is spending more than $8bn on content - including 700 original TV shows and 80 movies. This is more than twice as many as ANY other studio or broadcaster – and is almost five times the BBC’s annual spending on television.

Any challenge to the complacency and outdated anti-competition business model used by the BBC is to be welcomed and supported.

This year, the company is spending more than $8bn on content - including 700 original TV shows and 80 movies. This is more than twice as many as ANY other studio or broadcaster – and is almost five times the BBC’s annual spending on television.

You seem to forget that Netflix has a global membership subscription to pay for that.

But if the UK's tiny licence fee funding is providing 20% of Netflix's global subscription output, it shows that the BBC is much better value for money!

he seems to have vanished, you do know he'll come back again with his other bee in bonnet about women being unfairly targeted by the "corrupt" BBC :hihi: