Do You Need The BBC?

to be honest I don't but the adds are in between the programs like one the beeb

The adverts on the BBC at the end of programmes really annoyed me, delaying the start of the next programme.

I don't watch the BBC anymore. I don't miss it. It's an irrelevance I can well do without.

nope! only if you acknowledge the callers or letters/threats and give them you're name, the only way otherwise is to get a court order to enter a property which they wont do. tell them nothing.

Or they look through a window and see you watching TV. :roll:

for 2 channels out of how many, sky don't have adds

Sky show ads on all channels all the time.

The only time there's a long break between them is during a film or live football and an F1 race. Even live cricket has really short 10 second ads.

---------- Post added 22-08-2018 at 10:14 ----------

The adverts on the BBC at the end of programmes really annoyed me, delaying the start of the next programme.

They're now flooding social media with TV ads too. There's several each day on the BBC 6 Music Facebook page.

I could be wrong, but streamed TV still requires a license now.

It's easy enough to substantiate if they can see the screen, an image of Coronation Street timestamped at the time that Coronation Street broadcasts would be more than enough.

Edit - no, streaming is okay, so long as it's not BBC programs.

So you need it for watching or recording anything that is broadcast, be that sky, virgin, freeview or whatever. But not if you use the catch up service to stream it (not a local Tivo like device to timeshift it).

Edited by Cyclone

I could be wrong, but streamed TV still requires a license now.

It's easy enough to substantiate if they can see the screen, an image of Coronation Street timestamped at the time that Coronation Street broadcasts would be more than enough.

Edit - no, streaming is okay, so long as it's not BBC programs.

So you need it for watching or recording anything that is broadcast, be that sky, virgin, freeview or whatever. But not if you use the catch up service to stream it (not a local Tivo like device to timeshift it).

anything that is live, so fairly difficult to get a screen image that would stand up in court especially if you have blinds or your property is fenced and gated:hihi:

its just scaremongering and most pay up! BBC should be funded by advertising and brought into the 21st century instead of squandering money.