Kitchen taps advice?

I bought a new tap last week and fitted it myself bought it from B&Q I didn't find it too difficult fitting it, Unless your tap has easy access underneath you will need a monoblock tap spanner also it is with checking the tap tails what they connect to because my old tap was fitted with male connectors and 10mm tops and my new tap came with female connectors and 12mm tops so I had to go back to b&q and get a new pair of tap tails other than that it was all fine

:huh:

This may seem like a silly question to someone who is now obviously highly qualified in the mystical art of installing water dispensing equipment, but how exactly does the enthusiastic diy'er measure their own domestic water pressure to determine which piece of apparatus is suitable for their own particlar environment? :confused:

With a water pressure test guage Mr Bloke. Screwfix, £19.99 at (a rough guess) ;)

Easier and cheaper then that.

You open airing cupboard and check loft.

If there is a big tub-like cold water storage in loft(quite often accompanied by smaller one next to it) and copper cylinder in airing cupboard(if covered in insulation it will have visibly convex ends) you have low pressure system.

Pressure in each tap will be roughly 0.1 x level differential between tap and loft storage.

High pressure are combies, system with stainless cylinder and no loft storage and sometimes low pressure systems with auxiliary pump.