Was Lily Allen right or wrong?

After a hard day's work and catching up on news I've just picked up on Lily Allen's comments at the Calais camp.

Apologising to a man child who looks to be in early 20's at least ( but claims to be 13 ...hard life??) for our actions and that she is apologising to him on behalf of UK people .

Is she right , wrong, genuine or just misguided?

After a hard day's work and catching up on news I've just picked up on Lily Allen's comments at the Calais camp.

Apologising to a man child who looks to be in early 20's at least ( but claims to be 13 ...hard life??) for our actions and that she is apologising to him on behalf of UK people .

Misguided. She's said she would take in a refugee, I see no problem if she wants to do that. We should take the kids though as a country.

However, once she had unloaded her guilt, perhaps she could ask the adults living in filth, or the ones attacking motorists what the hell is wrong with France? If it's a toss up between living in **** then risking my life trying to get into lorry, and applying for asylum in France, I'd choose France. Given what most have apparently been through previously I'm at a loss why they do what they do.

If she was really that upset. Why don't she buy him a house and give him a few hundred thousand? She is loaded

not all musicians / artists are 'loaded' as you say, after producer/record company/etc cuts they only get pence per track / album sold etc...

and she's not been around for a while either...

Misguided. She's said she would take in a refugee, I see no problem if she wants to do that. We should take the kids though as a country.

However, once she had unloaded her guilt, perhaps she could ask the adults living in filth, or the ones attacking motorists what the hell is wrong with France? If it's a toss up between living in **** then risking my life trying to get into lorry, and applying for asylum in France, I'd choose France. Given what most have apparently been through previously I'm at a loss why they do what they do.

Agreed with this - seems misguided.

I also can't really work out why people are so insistent on making it to the UK specifically. I understand (and believe) that people have the right to try to find the best for themselves... however can France really be that bad?!

She has no right whatsoever to apologise on behalf of the country or UK people. Surely the only ones who can apologise for the country are the Queen and the PM, and even then I would question their right to apologise on behalf of the PEOPLE