Was Lily Allen right or wrong?

It's a problem for the border between France and the UK, which is a problem for both nations.
It's a problem "for both nations" only so long as the Le Touquet agreements are not repealed.

If and when they should be repealed, then it will be the UK's problem first and foremost; then only become France's problem if, as and when the UK (manages to intercept or find and-) returns illegals to the French border.

If you bother to look up annual numbers of deportations, you'll be able to satisfy yourself that France hasn't got any problem deporting the illegals it can find to the tune of 10,000s every year. The same can't be said of the UK, for reasons best known to your government.

I could just as easily argue that France should start doing things as the UK does.
For the 2nd time, I replied to phil's question with a comparison of the current admin systems in each country, which goes a long way to explain why illegals don't enter the French welfare system and why the UK is preferred to France by illegals.

This is not just me saying, it's been verified by Parliamentary and ONG enquiries and reports on both sides of the border for years.

Now, you certainly could argue what your propose, but I'm struggling to see the point of it, tbh :|

The lure of the UK is the UK's own doing. Part of the UK's unique selling points in that context, is the ease of disappearance, and relative comfort of subsistence, within its black economy. That's for the UK government to address. Not France's.

Edited by L00b

'They're acting like NAZIS': Lily Allen launches bizarre theory the Home Office DELIBERATELY allowed 'propaganda' pictures of older-looking refugees to turn public against them

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3877410/They-acting-like-NAZIS-Lily-Allen-launches-bizarre-theory-Home-Office-DELIBERATELY-allowed-propaganda-pictures-older-looking-refugees-turn-public-against-them.html

'They're acting like NAZIS': Lily Allen launches bizarre theory the Home Office DELIBERATELY allowed 'propaganda' pictures of older-looking refugees to turn public against them

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3877410/They-acting-like-NAZIS-Lily-Allen-launches-bizarre-theory-Home-Office-DELIBERATELY-allowed-propaganda-pictures-older-looking-refugees-turn-public-against-them.html

Guess she wants another 10 min in the head light, anyone know which of the young children went to live with her?.

Guess she wants another 10 min in the head light, anyone know which of the young children went to live with her?.

It says in the article she is looking into fostering to be fair.

However, as she points out she is a single parent with addiction problems in the past and therefore she might not be allowed to.

It says in the article she is looking into fostering to be fair.

However, as she points out she is a single parent with addiction problems in the past and therefore she might not be allowed to.

She also criticised anyone who questioned the age of child asylum seekers entering the UK and said: 'It shouldn't matter'.

She clearly not thinking very straight if she thinks their age doesn't matter.

She also criticised anyone who questioned the age of child asylum seekers entering the UK and said: 'It shouldn't matter'.

Many left leaning millionaires feel this way as it does not affect them in their exclusive bubble. She was born in a world only a handful of people will ever experience being the daughter of Keith Allan and her net worth is estimated to be approx $20million. She is also selling her home in the cotswolds for £4.3million after buying it for £3million 6 years ago. Thats a tidy profit that only a person with bags of cash can make and well out of the reach of the majority of the Uk population.

She was born into wealth and this privilege built her career which she now profits from. She was very popular until a few years ago but her public exposure has waned in recent years. Surprise surprise, she's back on our screens showing how sad she can look while being stood next to a refugee.

Many left leaning millionaires feel this way as it does not affect them in their exclusive bubble. She was born in a world only a handful of people will ever experience being the daughter of Keith Allan and her net worth is estimated to be approx $20million. She is also selling her home in the cotswolds for £4.3million after buying it for £3million 6 years ago. Thats a tidy profit that only a person with bags of cash can make and well out of the reach of the majority of the Uk population.

She was born into wealth and this privilege built her career which she now profits from. She was very popular until a few years ago but her public exposure has waned in recent years. Surprise surprise, she's back on our screens showing how sad she can look while being stood next to a refugee.

She was born into a world you are jealous off. And?

Honestly, you come across as a deeply unpleasant and bitter gentleman.

There will always be people richer than you and some of them will spout garbage but for Christ's sake stop whinging about it.

Life is too short for you to give a damn what Lilly Allen says or does.

I don't want my tax money spent on your NHS treatment when your Allen induced jealousy ulcer bursts.

She was born into a world you are jealous off. And?

Honestly, you come across as a deeply unpleasant and bitter gentleman.

There will always be people richer than you and some of them will spout garbage but for Christ's sake stop whinging about it.

Life is too short for you to give a damn what Lilly Allen says or does.

I don't want my tax money spent on your NHS treatment when your Allen induced jealousy ulcer bursts.

:hihi:

I think I'd be right in saying that 'Allen induced jealousy ulcers' are not treated under the NHS...

... so he'd have to go private! ;)

Really? She thinks their age doesn't matter. It's a fairly simple idea. She's saying let them claim asylum here regardless. She is entitled to that opinion whether you agree with her or not. Everyone has an opinion and everyone else's stinks. Why do you care what she thinks? She has no power or influence over government policy.

(I could write the full old adage but it's too course for the forum as I have already discovered to my cost.)