Was Lily Allen right or wrong?

On Daily Politics a Labour woman said many of the children have parents already here, and should be let in. (similar on) QT last week, another was calling for ALL the children to be let in.

Obviously using children is a good emotional argument.

But there seems to be an obvious flaw in this idea.

If the parents are already here (I'd settle for close relatives), yeah, let the kids in. The rest of the adults who for various reasons won't settle in France I say tough fromage.

:hihi:

Indeed!

But I think people are more annoyed by the fact that she seems deluded enough to think that her 'popularity' through the ability to co-write a few catchy pop songs also qualifies her to speak on everyone's behalf... :roll:

Because it's not like everyone else who takes an opposite view to her would ever do something like that...

If the parents are already here (I'd settle for close relatives), yeah, let the kids in. The rest of the adults who for various reasons won't settle in France I say tough fromage.

First, why are the parents here and letting their kids live in the jungle? (would be my question to this point, but I could only ask the tele when she said it at the time)

-

Would any of you parents on here not be on the next bus, or on foot walking back? Would you leave your young vulnerable child/ren there in that ****hole and not go to them?

I've never met a parent in my life, who wouldn't travel in a shot to their child if it was at any risk, anywhere on earth, let alone on a ferry that the UK would pay for.

I would need someone to give me more info on this, because it doesn't sound realistic/ or at least it sounds like a small scam.

-

Well here is the second flaw in this whole thing.

Suppose all the kids on their own came over? I have no problem with ethics of that.

But what happens then? In a years time, a nice loophole will open up when the same woman on Daily Politics or QT, then claims we are disgusting in this country because there are children here, whose parents are in the jungle. They should be together. Let them in.

It wouldn't have take the brightest person to work out, let alone the con artists who take their money anyway, that 'a better chance/way of getting into the country is by splitting up' (i.e. parents and children).

People are desperate remember. They already take a lot of risks, and the idea that someone will work out that parents and family splitting with children is a good idea sounds worrying. It will almost certainly put more children at risk of being trafficked.

I apologise for you, for being so wrong. Am I correct in doing so?

You think I'm wrong, I don't. See the difference?

Do what you like. I won't lose any sleep over it.

---------- Post added 14-10-2016 at 13:18 ----------

No. She was stating your opinion and everyone on this forum and everyone in the country,s opinion.

Ahh you think because she says she's apologising on behalf of the country it actually makes it so huh? Have you perhaps confused Lily Allen with someone important?

Ok.

You think I'm wrong, I don't. See the difference?

Do what you like. I won't lose any sleep over it.

---------- Post added 14-10-2016 at 13:18 ----------

Ahh you think because she says she's apologising on behalf of the country it actually makes it so huh? Have you perhaps confused Lily Allen with someone important?

Ok.

I wouldn't go as far as confusing her with anybody of importance.