Was Lily Allen right or wrong?

What I said Santo is that her opinion is no more or no less important than anyone else's. It would'nt matter who said it

Yup. And what I said is I bet the Daily Mail mock offended types (Katie Hopkins et al) are exactly the same sort of people that demand Muslims apologise on behalf of other Muslims when terrorist attacks occur.

So is one only allowed to apologise for the actions of others when there is 100% agreement on where condemnation should lie?

Is that even possible?

Who is Lily Allen?

She is a pretty successful UK singer, having been around for about 10 years. She is also the daughter of the actor Keith Allen.

She has had a number of No. 1 singles in the UK (Smile in 2006, The Fear in 2008 and Somewhere Only We Know in 2013, which was used on the John Lewis Christmas Advert). Her three albums have charted at 2, 1 and 1 respectively, with the first two both going 3X Platinum.

She also briefly had a talk show in 2008.

Ah well,

"The tearful pop star was ridiculed for telling migrant boy Shamsher Sherin she was sorry “we put you in the hands of the Taliban”, while volunteering for a charity in the Calais Jungle last week.

But it turns out Shamsher’s father fought with the Islamist Mujahideen in Afghanistan and only fled the country because he feared the UK-backed Afghan Northern Alliance."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/721649/migrant-calais-lily-allen-shamsher-sherin-afghan-fighter-warlord-butcher-of-kabul

But it turns out Shamsher’s father fought with the Islamist Mujahideen in Afghanistan and only fled the country because he feared the UK-backed Afghan Northern Alliance."

weren't the mujahideen on America's side, fighting the Russian invaders back in the 1980s ?

Sylvester Stallone made a documentary about it. Rambo 3, I think it was called.

Funny how these things slip your mind, eh?

Ah well,

"The tearful pop star was ridiculed for telling migrant boy Shamsher Sherin she was sorry “we put you in the hands of the Taliban”, while volunteering for a charity in the Calais Jungle last week.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/721649/migrant-calais-lily-allen-shamsher-sherin-afghan-fighter-warlord-butcher-of-kabul

Ahh those Mujahideen. The ones the US and UK assisted to defeat the Soviets?

Check out the end of Rambo 3: It's dedicated to the brave people of Afghanistan.

---------- Post added 16-10-2016 at 13:00 ----------

weren't the mujahideen on America's side, fighting the Russian invaders back in the 1980s ?

Lol you beat me to it!

Ahh you mean he fled the "UK-backed Afghan Northern Alliance." and hid in the UK,

nowt like cheek is there.

She has no right to apologise for me, I just find it strange that most of the people in the camp in France are nearly all young men in their twenties. They've found a country to settle in but they still want to come here, benefit land.

Stop spouting the same old rubbish! It's a fact that its a tiny proportion of our budget is spent on looking after asylum seekers. Miniscule, in fact....and yet people like you, who pretentious not to be racist, make out that it's a massive problem?! It's people like you that are the problem!

---------- Post added 20-10-2016 at 12:56 ----------

Just seen some pictures of the 25 year old kids we've just let in,are we not a nice country.

How do you know how old they are? Do you know any 18 year old that look older than they are? Stop being a closet racist and just come out with it. At least be honest with yourself!