War in Syria - here we go again

RT is a great chanel to watch, especially if thats the sorta stuff that gets broadcast in Russia.

It's so obviously one sided and blinkered it's comical.

I love to watch it when the USA and Russia are having a spat, the love to gloss over the obvious faults in Russia's argument and attempt to dissect American rhetoric, usually picking up on some ridiculous points.

The point is that if you can look from both sides, you are sometimes able to extrapolate, a more rounded view.

The point is that if you can look from both sides, you are sometimes able to extrapolate, a more rounded view.

That's true but what some people seem to be suggesting is that every Western' news source is de facto unreliable, which would leave us with just RT, southfront, etc. which will not give anyone a rounded view.

When you get "information" from multiple sources, reality is not necessarily represented by some kind of compromise or average. Sometimes one or more sources is simply full of #@%$.

You honestly think you get a unbiased source on the UK TV?

Not completely. But it will be far, far, far, far, far, far closer to the truth than anything which emerges from the Russian federation.

I saw Anna B also complained about Assange having his web access stopped.

He could walk out of the embassy to an Internet cafe if he wanted.

:)

Who do you think is lying from, say, the BBC? John Simpson has been out there I think - was he lying? Is Jeremy Bowen lying? Respected journalists these two, unless you can show me different.

I am not saying anyone is lying but why don't the BBC for example show the destruction in both east and west Aleppo, for example.

Yes it is possible to deceive without lying.

What indications are there that this is what's happening here? It's not at all hard to find BBC coverage of west Aleppo.

i would think that bias here is well documented locally, Hillbrough and Orgreave spring to mind

---------- Post added 19-10-2016 at 17:18 ----------

Yes it is possible to deceive without lying.

What indications are there that this is what's happening here? It's not at all hard to find BBC coverage of west Aleppo.

sorry miss read your statement read the here as in here in the uk.

Really you have answered you own question thou, the BBc constantly broadcasts about East Apeppo and as you rightly say you have to go online to find about West Aleppo.