Poll: should Sir Philip Green lose his knighthood?

Should Sir Philip Green Lose His Knighthood?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Should Sir Philip Green Lose His Knighthood?

• Yes
    • No

Would it bother him if they did ?

I think it would. Obviously he doesnt need money, but it gives him status, respectability and approval. having it removed is a bit of a public shaming. Its not much, but something.

If he is found at fault and comes under criticism from the authorities for his dealings with the pension fund, then I think it ought to be removed. That's because the tax payer will have to make up the pension shortfall of hundreds of millions of £.

he should keep it ..he deserves it..

better question should be, should the 'stupid prehistoric awards for whatever' , be done with ? answer ..Yes

.........you mean like gold medals and people addressed as hero's for running and jumping,swimming and bouncing about on apparatus?.........has the world gone mad with celebrity culture?

I blame the BBC the route of all evil!:(

Others that loose something are the Directors at Williams Fasteners that took thousands out of the pot in wages and the pension part and lost all those people there jobs.

Any proof of that? Was it just becuase the Star said so?

Funny how the link to the story on the website has suddenly been disabled.

---------- Post added 18-10-2016 at 20:21 ----------

.........you mean like gold medals and people addressed as hero's for running and jumping,swimming and bouncing about on apparatus?.........has the world gone mad with celebrity culture?

I blame the BBC the route of all evil!:(

Since when was sporting achievements and extreme dedication to win an athletics event thrown into the brackets of "celebrity culture" or the BBC.

Hero worship of famous sportsman and sportswomen has been happening for decades. Major sporting events have always attacted thousands or millions of viewers either live at the stadia or on television.

Admiring and celebrating the achievements of Jessica Ennis or Jody Cundy are hardly the same as hero worship of some bimbo from TOWIE or some airhead Youtube "star"

Any proof of that? Was it just becuase the Star said so?

Funny how the link to the story on the website has suddenly been disabled.

---------- Post added 18-10-2016 at 20:21 ----------

Since when was sporting achievements and extreme dedication to win an athletics event thrown into the brackets of "celebrity culture" or the BBC.

Hero worship of famous sportsman and sportswomen has been happening for decades. Major sporting events have always attacted thousands or millions of viewers either live at the stadia or on television.

Admiring and celebrating the achievements of Jessica Ennis or Jody Cundy are hardly the same as hero worship of some bimbo from TOWIE or some airhead Youtube "star"

.........Jessica Ennis and Co were welcomed as a "Hero's".........sorry but I have a different view of what a Hero is!

It's all about celebrity culture now!

Which is? At least allow me some details as to what you define a "hero" to be.

Lets start small shall we, how about a dictionary definition.

a person, typically a man, who is admired for their courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.

Would you not agree that the last two could be applied to very dedicated and successful sportspersons?