Poll: should Sir Philip Green lose his knighthood?

Should Sir Philip Green Lose His Knighthood?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Should Sir Philip Green Lose His Knighthood?

• Yes
    • No

Which is? At least allow me some details as to what you define a "hero" to be.

Lets start small shall we, how about a dictionary definition.

a person, typically a man, who is admired for their courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.

Would you not agree that the last two could be applied to very dedicated and successful sportspersons?

.......I would not disagree,maybe I have an old fashioned view of what a Hero is.I have never really considered Sports stars,personalities,celebrities etc as hero's!.My understanding of a hero is more connected with someone involved in saving lifes sometimes without thought for their own life or financial rewards!

I think it would. Obviously he doesnt need money, but it gives him status, respectability and approval. having it removed is a bit of a public shaming. Its not much, but something.

If he is found at fault and comes under criticism from the authorities for his dealings with the pension fund, then I think it ought to be removed. That's because the tax payer will have to make up the pension shortfall of hundreds of millions of £.

Yes it should be removed but should never have been given in the first place.

Giving people a knighthood just because they have managed to get rich offends me greatly.Most of them have got rich by exploiting others and having no feelings for anything other than the obsession with wealth.If thats what they want to do and it makes them happy then fair enough,but giving them a knighthood for doing it is just wrong.

Giving people a knighthood just because they have managed to get rich offends me greatly.Most of them have got rich by exploiting others and having no feelings for anything other than the obsession with wealth.If thats what they want to do and it makes them happy then fair enough,but giving them a knighthood for doing it is just wrong.

Very true.

.......I would not disagree,maybe I have an old fashioned view of what a Hero is.I have never really considered Sports stars,personalities,celebrities etc as hero's!.My understanding of a hero is more connected with someone involved in saving lifes sometimes without thought for their own life or financial rewards!

You've not got an old fashioned view at all. You just fail to see things from someone else's point of view, that's the old fashioned part. My hero's are mainly musicians and people in the arts world. Most of them were troubled souls who struggled with drugs, such as Kurt Cobain and John Bonham. Things like this are subjective......My biggest hero is my son and he's only 6!

Looks like he is losing it just read this on the Mirror site, bet Mrs Green isn't happy.

BREAKING: MPs vote to strip Green's knighthood

MPs have just voted unanimously to strip Sir Philip Green of his knighthood.

Not a single MP opposed the motion when it was put before those in the House of Commons Chamber.

This doesn’t mean every single MP agreed, but it means no one opposed it.

That means you will not get the names of those who were in favour or against.

More to come on this shortly.

Edited by iansheff

You've not got an old fashioned view at all. You just fail to see things from someone else's point of view, that's the old fashioned part. My hero's are mainly musicians and people in the arts world. Most of them were troubled souls who struggled with drugs, such as Kurt Cobain and John Bonham. Things like this are subjective......My biggest hero is my son and he's only 6!
........I have been a professional musician over many years playing in many countries! My son is a successful West End /International actor and writer.Artists we are......hero's we are not!

I don't fail to see someones point of view at all I just have different subjective standards to you.

why would it bother him if its stripped??i dont know why he bothers doing these interviews and commons committee either he doesnt have to its not mandatory, just leave everyone to froth and rage and get back to the yacht he doesnt need any more money. its business all business do things like this on different scales get over it!

He couldn't give a flying about his Knighthood, it's his yachts and money he's interested in.

Just shows up the honours system for the corrupt thing it is. He was given his Knighthood by Phony Blair for services to retail, when in fact he was just an asset stripper. yet another reason why the Blair New Labour brand is poison.

He couldn't give a flying about his Knighthood, it's his yachts and money he's interested in.

Just shows up the honours system for the corrupt thing it is. He was given his Knighthood by Phony Blair for services to retail, when in fact he was just an asset stripper. yet another reason why the Blair New Labour brand is poison.

He is also a conservative as well who supported David Cameron,speaks volumes about Blairs true political leanings.