One stop flights

It is Greece to Manchester I mailed Aegean but they just sent a mail with links to lost baggage and other baggage info but nothing on whether they transfer it. It is booked as one flight so would imagine it is them but there is only about 50 minutes between flights which is cutting it close.

Based on the above, your luggage will get tagged to manchester from your departure point in greece. Should you miss your connection then you will get rebooked free of charge on to a later flight.

50 minutes is tight and only thing i would worry about is your luggage not making the connection, even if your first flight is on time.

Saying that I've done a 40 minute connection in helsinki when flying heathrow - helsinki - hong kong with finnair.

Based on the above, your luggage will get tagged to manchester from your departure point in greece. Should you miss your connection then you will get rebooked free of charge on to a later flight.

50 minutes is tight and only thing i would worry about is your luggage not making the connection, even if your first flight is on time.

Saying that I've done a 40 minute connection in helsinki when flying heathrow - helsinki - hong kong with finnair.

I once checked a bag in in Calcutta, and after changing planes in Bangkok, Singapore and Seoul, it popped out on a baggage belt in a little regional airport in South Korea, all different airlines, but all on the same ticket.

50 minutes is a tight connection though....

If it's all the same airline AND all the same booking, it should be checked through to your final destination.

EXCEPTION: In the US, you always have to collect your luggage at the first place you land, even if it is not your final destination. (Europe doesn't make you do this, not sure about every other country.)

There are many more exceptions to this, China being another if I remember well. It isn't a given, not even in Europe, I flew KLM the first leg Alitalia the second and they made me collect luggage for reasons completely beyond me but the check-in desk informed me it was 'normal' for 'this type of connection'.

There are many more exceptions to this, China being another if I remember well. It isn't a given, not even in Europe, I flew KLM the first leg Alitalia the second and they made me collect luggage for reasons completely beyond me but the check-in desk informed me it was 'normal' for 'this type of connection'.

Thanks for the clarification. I haven't run into that myself, but I can easily picture it.

The security services have said that one of their tools is unpredictability, so perhaps they sometimes want to do check-in security during transfers?

Thanks for the clarification. I haven't run into that myself, but I can easily picture it.

The security services have said that one of their tools is unpredictability, so perhaps they sometimes want to do check-in security during transfers?

I suspect that might have been the reason, or the fact that the airport at Rome is rubbish and they couldn't get the luggage over to the other plane in time :)

if it is the same airline, or a codeshare, and IF it is a full service airline, and not an LCC or low-cost airline like Ryan Air, or Nok Air, then yes your bags will be OK between flights.

last year I took a codeshare flight Air France, Manchester-Paris then China Southern Paris-Guangzhou and then China Southern Guangzhou-Manila. My bags were waiting for me in Manila.

but then I got an internal onward flight on the LCC low-cost carrier Cebu Pacific from Manila to Cebu. Being a low cost carrier, and not a full-service airline like Air France and China Southern are, they are what is known as point-to-point carrier. That is why you have to pick up your bags at the carousel, and take them to your next flight, yourself. That is why they cost less than full service airlines do. They offer less services.

if I had flown with a flagship national carrier, a full service airline, like Philippines Airways, from London to Manila, and then changed in Manila to go to Cebu and flown onwardly to Cebu with Philippines Airways, and not Cebu Pacific, a low cost carrier, then I wouldn't have had to pick my bags up in Manila. Philippines Airways would have sent them on through. I'd have dropped my bags off in London, and then picked them up in Cebu. Philippines Airways are a full service airline, and you pay extra for them to do stuff like that.

---------- Post added 15-10-2016 at 22:30 ----------

50 minutes is a tight connection though....

tight, but the airlines pride themselves on being able to absolutely guarantee an hour anywhere.

you will make it. But your bags might not. Your bags stand less of a chance of making it than you do. But who cares. You'll get the bags a day or two later at your final destination.

Edited by blake

tight, but the airlines pride themselves on being able to absolutely guarantee an hour anywhere.

you will make it. But your bags might not. Your bags stand less of a chance of making it than you do. But who cares. You'll get the bags a day or two later at your final destination.

Except at Heathrow - I landed with two hours to spare at Terminal 5 and got told there was no way I could make it to terminal 3 in time for my connecting flight to Manchester. Admittedly this was a few weeks after T5 opened, but I was not impressed, Schiphol, CdG and Frankfurt are my preferred hub airports.

if it is the same airline, or a codeshare, and IF it is a full service airline, and not an LCC or low-cost airline like Ryan Air, or Nok Air, then yes your bags will be OK between flights.

last year I took a codeshare flight Air France, Manchester-Paris then China Southern Paris-Guangzhou and then China Southern Guangzhou-Manila. My bags were waiting for me in Manila.

but then I got an internal onward flight on the LCC low-cost carrier Cebu Pacific from Manila to Cebu. Being a low cost carrier, and not a full-service airline like Air France and China Southern are, they are what is known as point-to-point carrier. That is why you have to pick up your bags at the carousel, and take them to your next flight, yourself. That is why they cost less than full service airlines do. They offer less services.

if I had flown with a flagship national carrier, a full service airline, like Philippines Airways, from London to Manila, and then changed in Manila to go to Cebu and flown onwardly to Cebu with Philippines Airways, and not Cebu Pacific, a low cost carrier, then I wouldn't have had to pick my bags up in Manila. Philippines Airways would have sent them on through. I'd have dropped my bags off in London, and then picked them up in Cebu. Philippines Airways are a full service airline, and you pay extra for them to do stuff like that.

---------- Post added 15-10-2016 at 22:30 ----------

Probably, but allows no leeway for any delays on the first flight, or passport checking at the transit airport.

Incidentally, why are passports checked at European airports when leaving the Schengen area for a connecting flight to the UK?

Only if there are no delays on the flight in, because if there are you're stuffed.