Shoddy building work on The Moor

Is it just me with too much of an eye for detail, or has anyone else noticed the poor quality of the new cinema/Primark building on The Moor?

I noticed a couple of months ago this balcony thing fitted with a tapered gap of around an inch or so, over around four foot. I thought nothing of it as I presumed they just hadn't finished fitting it, as well as these terribly poor gaps in other parts of the cladding. I presumed that they were going to be adjusted to look good before sealing the gaps as well.

Not so! :gag:

Walked past yesterday and the balcony thing looks like it's hanging off the rest of the building at an angle, as well as the other poor gaps now being sealed up.

Are there no quality controllers keeping an eye on such building work … if it were done on a private dwelling, the builder would be told to take it down and put it right. Totally shoddy in my estimation, and no excuses. Worryingly, if this sort of third rate workmanship is deemed as acceptable, what's the rest of the building like … the bits you can't see?

And while I'm at it … who's bright idea was it to clad all the top in what're obviously offcuts of yucky pastel shades of plastic? It looks as bad as Park Hill Flats and certain university buildings. What's happened to style and quality?

Is it just me with too much of an eye for detail, or has anyone else noticed the poor quality of the new cinema/Primark building on The Moor?

I noticed a couple of months ago this balcony thing fitted with a tapered gap of around an inch or so, over around four foot. I thought nothing of it as I presumed they just hadn't finished fitting it, as well as these terribly poor gaps in other parts of the cladding. I presumed that they were going to be adjusted to look good before sealing the gaps as well.

Not so! :gag:

Walked past yesterday and the balcony thing looks like it's hanging off the rest of the building at an angle, as well as the other poor gaps now being sealed up.

Are there no quality controllers keeping an eye on such building work … if it were done on a private dwelling, the builder would be told to take it down and put it right. Totally shoddy in my estimation, and no excuses. Worryingly, if this sort of third rate workmanship is deemed as acceptable, what's the rest of the building like … the bits you can't see?

And while I'm at it … who's bright idea was it to clad all the top in what're obviously offcuts of yucky pastel shades of plastic? It looks as bad as Park Hill Flats and certain university buildings. What's happened to style and quality?

wait till its finished maybe?

wait till its finished maybe?

So you think that now they've sealed in between all the poor/tapering gaps and funny angles, they're actually intending to take it all to bits and do the job again? :huh:

Seems a strange and laborious method of construction if you ask me. Why not just get it right in the first place like most competent builders would go about it?

. What's happened to style and quality?

If ever you're in Attercliffe, where the run of shops are, look up; the top parts of the buildings look really ornate and decorative as they were built in a time when there was a sense of pride and permanence to buildings.

These days its keeping costs low that is at the forefront of developers minds when erecting their horrible quickly demountable/convertible structures, hence the depressingly basic and utilitarian landscape Britain is gradually becoming. Just look at those business units across the road from the Sheffield Wednesday football ground on Pennistone road for instance.

Edited by Guest

I just love it on here everyone is an expert on everyone elses' jobs I wonder if they are as expert on their own jobs.

The irony!

your signature … 'There is always someone who can make things a little cheaper and a lot worse.' :P