Shoddy building work on The Moor

Just look at those business units across the road from the Sheffield Wednesday football ground on Pennistone road for instance.

To be fair those are essentially just warehouses. I wouldn't expect those to be built with architectural merit in mind.

not mine Enzo Farrarri's but i wasnt moaning about things i know nothing about and for shoddy work i wold have a closer look around area fifty one and a half because the buildings up there were more speculative than those on the Moor.

Oh okay. So, if this new build is somewhere along the lines quality wise of tiny terraced houses built 100 years ago (without the aid all the technology available today), it's fit for purpose then. My mistake, I was unaware of the building standard criteria for this particular one.

By the way, I know a fair amount about modern building techniques, certainly enough to know that by using a steel framed structure, it's possible to fit right angled pieces to it at right angles and with equally spaced gaps. Especially when it's supposed to be a prestigious development.

Oh okay. So, if this new build is somewhere along the lines quality wise of tiny terraced houses built 100 years ago (without the aid all the technology available today), it's fit for purpose then. My mistake, I was unaware of the building standard criteria for this particular one.

By the way, I know a fair amount about modern building techniques, certainly enough to know that by using a steel framed structure, it's possible to fit right angled pieces to it at right angles and with equally spaced gaps. Especially when it's supposed to be a prestigious development.

Will you be contacting them to give them your opinion?

Guest makapaka

I think it looks great. Not been a statement retail building built in years in Sheffield - which is why the town centre can't attract big retailers.

Couple more of similar buildings in town would be great.

To be fair those are essentially just warehouses. I wouldn't expect those to be built with architectural merit in mind.

If they were located at an out-of-the-way industrial estate fair enough but its very visible where it is.

Ues its all been moaned about before on good old Sheffield forum. Why not wait till its finished, which isnt till next year.

If you have complaints that it falls below your standards, then contact the people who own it and tell them you will not shop there.

Obviously I have standards which are too high. I have an eye for detail. If the majority of people are happy for a third rate building then so be it.

I wonder though, how many people who think I'm daft would be happy if they had (say) to their own house, an extension built which showed obvious sign of poor workmanship? Perhaps that'd be different? Perhaps not … it'll do.