Gardeners Rest - Neepsend

Xabi

I think limiting the larger shareholders to the same level of voting rights is way over the top. Its unfair in the opposite direction. Hope they get to buy it though.

I think it's so that after three years, when your allowed to get your money back, they don't suddenly have to find a large amount like 50k. It would only take two investments that big to take them under.

I think it's so that after three years, when your allowed to get your money back, they don't suddenly have to find a large amount like 50k. It would only take two investments that big to take them under.

:suspect:

I'm sorry but I still don't get this...

... why not just restrict everyone to the same investment amount then? :huh:

:suspect:

I'm sorry but I still don't get this...

... why not just restrict everyone to the same investment amount then? :huh:

I guess because some people have more money available. Why not help out a good cause by parking your money somewhere, particularly if you get the money back with a little bit of interest, and its a safe bet. In practice its like an ISA!

I guess because some people have more money available. Why not help out a good cause by parking your money somewhere, particularly if you get the money back with a little bit of interest, and its a safe bet. In practice its like an ISA!

When you say safe like an ISA, do you mean that the government will refund your money if the wheels drop off?

When you say safe like an ISA, do you mean that the government will refund your money if the wheels drop off?

No, but then again the business is separate from the building, which remains an asset that can be sold. The Gardeners is a profitable going concern, unlike some of the pubs that have undergone the process (they've had to be re-opened), so its very unlikely that, as you say, the wheels would drop off.

No, but then again the business is separate from the building, which remains an asset that can be sold. The Gardeners is a profitable going concern, unlike some of the pubs that have undergone the process (they've had to be re-opened), so its very unlikely that, as you say, the wheels would drop off.

So you could be OK as long the venture suceeds. But not if someone runs off with the till. So it's hardly safe "like an ISA".

I think I would prefer to buy the premises myself and lease them to whoever wants to run the pub.

Edited by lizmachin

Is the present landlord the freeholders or does the building belong to an pubco? If the latter an pubco can make life arkward remember the ' Blake ' and Enterprise Inns saga and what it took to get that pub reopened. Before I would invest any money ownership needs to be established do the present owners have already an buyer will they sell the pub to you?

I would also need to see an detailed business plan regardless of the community based idea for the pub it still needs to make money to pay for bills, staff, maintenance, stock which you will need to negotiated with an supplier after the old owners call it a day.

What if any plans are for the area were the pub is I know at present the pub is a bit out of the way?

I would think long and hard before pouring any money into any pub given the current state of the trade its a lot of money to lose and theirs no guarantees .

That doesnt make sense though. If they dont want large investors simply put a max investment in.