Child Migrants must have had big paper rounds!!

Indeed. The ones grubbing around that camp seem to be economic immigrants. That's why they want to come here. To disappear into thin air or possibly to become terrorists.

Or to claim asylum here and stand a better chance of getting a job as the pinko Business Insider and the Tory Telegraph articles both say.

Or maybe because they have family already here as many do.

Or maybe because they like Brits more than the French.

Can we consider the 'why don't they just claim asylum in France?' question thoroughly answered now?

Or to claim asylum here and stand a better chance of getting a job as the pinko Business Insider and the Tory Telegraph articles both say.

Can we consider the 'why don't they just claim asylum in France?' question thoroughly answered now?

Or Germany or Belgium or Netherlands or Sweden or Italy Spain Greece Macedonia Poland Hungary Czech, Slovakia Portugal etc etc etc.

It's the weather isn't it? They're escaping bombs etc to come here for the flipping weather. Hahahaha.

Or Germany or Belgium or Netherlands or Sweden or Italy Spain Greece Macedonia Poland Hungary Czech, Slovakia Portugal etc etc etc.

It's the weather isn't it? They're escaping bombs etc to come here for the flipping weather. Hahahaha.

There are 7,000 in Calais. There are more than a million in Europe so many are claiming asylum elsewhere.

Britain is a nice country. Why wouldn't they want to come here?

Their asylum claims once here should be judged on their merits and dealt with accordingly.

Those are all answers for a migration question....not the asylum one.

Liberals don't seem to know the difference between migration and asylum or they choose to ignore it.

Asylum is about safety and migration is about economics. The 2 are entirely different things all together.

Edited by SkylinePhoto

Not reeeeaalllllyyy. If I'm in fear for my life Greece or Italy would do fine thanks. I'm not risking my family and any belongings I've cobbled together to smugglers getting to these hallowed shores. If the EU want to farm me out elsewhere - that's cool but I'm registered somewhere. I'm not in Aleppo or afghan or Yemen or some other armpit of the world waiting for a bomb to wipeout me or my family.

I read that one bloke in the jungle had been there for 7 years. 7 YEARS. You must either really hate the French or love camping in human excrement.

---------- Post added 24-10-2016 at 23:17 ----------

There are 7,000 in Calais. There are more than a million in Europe so many are claiming asylum elsewhere.

Britain is a nice country. Why wouldn't they want to come here?

Their asylum claims once here should be judged on their merits and dealt with accordingly.

Yeah but we don't have a great record of getting them back out if their claim has failed if memory serves - not like the French who will turf you out tout suite.

Those are all answers for a migration question....not the asylum one.

Liberals don't seem to know the difference between migration and asylum or they choose to ignore it.

Asylum is about safety and migration is about economics. The 2 are entirely different things all together.

The question asked is why they want to claim asylum in the UK not France so I provided articles from both sides of the political spectrum to try and answer that question.

I never said that I consider those in Calais to be refugees did I? I answered why they want to claim asylum in the UK.

It seems it's you that is doing the ignoring.

---------- Post added 24-10-2016 at 23:36 ----------

Not reeeeaalllllyyy. If I'm in fear for my life Greece or Italy would do fine thanks. I'm not risking my family and any belongings I've cobbled together to smugglers getting to these hallowed shores. If the EU want to farm me out elsewhere - that's cool but I'm registered somewhere. I'm not in Aleppo or afghan or Yemen or some other armpit of the world waiting for a bomb to wipeout me or my family.

I read that one bloke in the jungle had been there for 7 years. 7 YEARS. You must either really hate the French or love camping in human excrement.

---------- Post added 24-10-2016 at 23:17 ----------

Yeah but we don't have a great record of getting them back out if their claim has failed if memory serves - not like the French who will turf you out tout suite.

You misunderstand mate. I'm not saying myself all those in France are refugees. I am trying to answer the question as to why they want to come to the UK.

I'm not sure how rigorous we are in returning failed asylum seekers but yes, I have read we aren't great at it.

Again, that's maybe what appeals to them. Even if their application fails they might not get turfed out unlike in other countries.

They perceive that we are a better country to live in than elsewhere.

Doesn't it make you proud to be British! :)

The question asked is why they want to claim asylum in the UK not France so I provided articles from both sides of the political spectrum to try and answer that question.

I never said that I consider those in Calais to be refugees did I? I answered why they want to claim asylum in the UK.

It seems it's you that is doing the ignoring.

---------- Post added 24-10-2016 at 23:36 ----------

You misunderstand mate. I'm not saying myself all those in France are refugees. I am trying to answer the question as to why they want to come to the UK.

I'm not sure how rigorous we are in returning failed asylum seekers but yes, I have read we aren't great at it.

Again, that's maybe what appeals to them. Even if their application fails they might not get turfed out unlike in other countries.

They perceive that we are a better country to live in than elsewhere.

Doesn't it make you proud to be British! :)

Well we're good something I suppose. And we're less likely to burn a asylum reception centre or have a far right mayor put posters up saying "They're coming!" It's something that might happen in the years to come.

Indeed. The ones grubbing around that camp seem to be economic immigrants. That's why they want to come here. To disappear into thin air or possibly to become terrorists.

well not just not the migrant, we do have ngo's there, but hay they got to make money

---------- Post added 25-10-2016 at 00:38 ----------

all they need to do is get registered, but i guess that would scupper them claiming asylum here.

Edited by phil752

How times have changed. I left school at 15 years old and entered full time employment. I had already had several spare time jobs by then. Went to work and also had part time jobs in the evening. Child at 16 years of age? No way! I was an adult, bringing a wage into the family. Even if I had wanted to further my education I couldn't because of finances.

These 'children' i.e. adolescent males all want to be educated and will cost the country a small fortune, especially if they want free passage to college. They could be unproductive until well into their twenties. There is also going to be a real demographic problem with men who will not be able to find spouses - Sweden has already recognized this problem. There are simply too many foreign men and not enough women for them. Unfortunately it is only a matter of time before there will be civil unrest, particularly if the Muslim terrorists succeed in attacking the UK.

BTW of the 'children' who were shipped to Devon, a number have been rejected as not being children at all!

Edited by Jomie