Child Migrants must have had big paper rounds!!

your right never heard of that, did you just make it up?

how ever

'Charity begins at home' isn't from the bible but it is so near to being so that it is reasonable to describe it as biblical. The notion that a man's family should be his foremost concern is expressed in 1 Timothy 5:8, King James Bible, 1611:

Prov. You should take care of family and people close to you before you worry about helping others. I don't think our church should worry so much about a foreign relief fund when there are people in need right here in our city. Charity begins at home. If you really want to make the world a better place, start by being polite to your sister. Charity begins at home.

there are several more even the Cambridge dictionary says:

You should take care of your family and other people who live close to you before helping people who are living further away or in another country.

No I didn't make it up Phil. Nor did I claim it's from the Bible so I find it odd that you are proving to me it's not from the Bible by quoting (without reference) an article about it not being from the Bible. Very odd.

No I didn't make it up Phil. Nor did I claim it's from the Bible so I find it odd that you are proving to me it's not from the Bible by quoting (without reference) an article about it not being from the Bible. Very odd.

dioms.thefreedictionary.com/Charity+begins+at+hom

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/charity-begins-at-home

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/charity-begins-at-home.html

odd is you can't look it up, so post your link

What link? Sometimes Phil, you just know these things. Everything I know isn't something I Googled 30 seconds before.[/QUO

I'm not saying your interpretation of it not from a good will teaching from maybe some one in your past, that you have carried with you.

However you did indicate it as the meaning, unfortunately it is not.

Edited by phil752

I indicated it was the original meaning Phil.

Do I need to give you a link to what 'original' means?

You know how in the Lord's Prayer there is a line about trespass? Well it's not meant in the sense that you shouldn't go onto private land uninvited is it?

You are wrong. Live with it. It happens to be best of us.

Edited by Santo

then whose ?

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that charity originally meant love - it's what the route of the word comes from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charity_(practice)

"This much wider concept is the meaning of the word charity in the Christian triplet "faith, hope and charity", as used by the Douay-Rheims and the King James Version of the Bible in their translation of St Paul's Letter to the Corinthians. However, the English word more generally used for this concept, both before and since (and by the "King James" Bible at other passages), is the more direct love. "