Child Migrants must have had big paper rounds!!

Someone will probably claim its against human rights etc!

You cant say it wont happen can you,who would have bet on someone saying a tooth xray would be traumatic and affect mental health?!

Depends what you've gone through. If you've watched a parent have their teeth pulled out by the local terrorist/intelligence forces etc during interigation/torture a dentist might seem quite a scary person. Kids in this country don't like dentists!

Someone will probably claim its against human rights etc!

You cant say it wont happen can you,who would have bet on someone saying a tooth xray would be traumatic and affect mental health?!

Someone no-doubt will.

Seriously, what makes you think they aren't being checked? We brought them over in the first place.

Edited by Santo

What makes you think they aren't being checked? We brought them over from the jungle in the first place.

I've seen the pictures. Several of them do not look under 18. If that's the case I fully expect them to get found out and then they will be deported or granted leave to stay based on other factors.

So we get three people with leave to stay based on circumstances that they have probably made up too (if theyve lied about their age and who they are are you willing to believe anything they say?)

The end result is they are in and some idiot will campaign for them to stay.

Youd be happy with that situation would you?

So we get three people with leave to stay based on circumstances that they have probably made up too (if theyve lied about their age and who they are are you willing to believe anything they say?)

The end result is they are in and some idiot will campaign for them to stay.

Youd be happy with that situation would you?

Or they will get deported.

Are you always so cynical?

So far you have described hypothetical people as silly buggers and idiots. You aren't very nice are you?

Will those methods tell the difference between someone who is 16/17 and 18?

I do not know as I am not a medical expert, but as these methods are used by many other countries for a number of years I suspect they are better than guessing, which is what appears to be happening at the moment.

I suspect this is where judgment of people with far more knowledge on the subject comes to the front.

Im interested as to why we appear to have started with those closest to the age limit and not the other end of the scale, i.e. those who are the youngest and therefore most vulnerable. I suppose the media may be a little to blame here as we only know of those who looked over 18 who were part of the group.

I do not know as I am not a medical expert, but as these methods are used by many other countries for a number of years I suspect they are better than guessing, which is what appears to be happening at the moment.

I suspect this is where judgment of people with far more knowledge on the subject comes to the front.

Im interested as to why we appear to have started with those closest to the age limit and not the other end of the scale, i.e. those who are the youngest and therefore most vulnerable. I suppose the media may be a little to blame here as we only know of those who looked over 18 who were part of the group.

That's my feeling too. Also why we haven't seen girls as Dobby mentions.

We aren't talking huge numbers though. A couple of dozen isn't it?

But they say they have family here. Do you think the relatives are non-existent?

Or should we only take kids that look like kids?

What about when their parents turn up in Calais?

What family is it, how close a relative, and how did they get here are they legal?

I think kids that are obviously kids would be a start ( why are they not in the French System or being picked up by French welfare)

If their parents turn up in Calais, I feel it only natural and right that they would want to be united with their children, that it would be the duty of our government to reunite them with their children in Calais

Or they will get deported.

Are you always so cynical?

So far you have described hypothetical people as silly buggers and idiots. You aren't very nice are you?

The bleeding heart liberal types are anything but hypothetical,there was one of them on radio four as has already been said and lots more like them.

And yes im a nice person, just not a mug.

Will they get deported though? You dont think someone wluld campaign for them to stay. It happens often.

None of it is hypothetical, it happens unfortunately.

Better to be more thorough in the first instance i think.

Edited by yellowperil