UK unemployment rate holds steady

I'm not one to believe in government statics you can make them what you want. I live in area that has saw huge industrial decline the area has never recovered the town bears the scars but hey we live in an right wing era and everything is ok .

Pardon? This article is about the current unemployment statistics - I'm not sure that anybody massaged the figures to suggest that in areas that saw huge industrial decline the unemployment figures didn't rise? Are you talking about the 1980s?

These figures are about this summer - are you saying that there are areas that have undergone huge industrial decline this summer and so therefore the figures can't be believed?

In any case, the ONS for independent of government, so they aren't 'government statistics'.

Pardon? This article is about the current unemployment statistics - I'm not sure that anybody massaged the figures to suggest that in areas that saw huge industrial decline the unemployment figures didn't rise? Are you talking about the 1980s?

These figures are about this summer - are you saying that there are areas that have undergone huge industrial decline this summer and so therefore the figures can't be believed?

In any case, the ONS for independent of government, so they aren't 'government statistics'.

Guess what I'm talking about the now 2016 I'm sick of people of your ink everything is fine hey ho the country swinging eveyone is thick . The reality I see is pensioners struggling , disabled picked on with stupid assessments , unemployed sanctioned after sanctiond who cares if it results in that person ends up on the streets, soldiers given no help after seeing their mates blow up but hey ho !

Guess what I'm talking about the now 2016 I'm sick of people of your ink everything is fine hey ho the country swinging eveyone is thick . The reality I see is pensioners struggling , disabled picked on with stupid assessments , unemployed sanctioned after sanctiond who cares if it results in that person ends up on the streets, soldiers given no help after seeing their mates blow up but hey ho !

I assume you mean ilk? Find a quote where I said that everything is fine and we can continue this discussion.

Assuming you can't, perhaps we can get back at the discussion at hand.

I assume you mean ilk? Find a quote where I said that everything is fine and we can continue this discussion.

Assuming you can't, perhaps we can get back at the discussion at hand.

I see my biggest fan back. :) employment figures can be made to appear what you want them to be like the economy the country is in debt but by some miracle we have record employment and an booming economy its amazing. Over the last few years many Sheffield employers have gone to the wall and recently William Fasteners was the least victim. What do you think happens to these people who have lost their job they end up on the dole were duly they will be informed its their fault for been out of work and O by the way your sanctioned.

I assume they are correct in that it is still 4.9%

I could tell you that last year I earned £4.9k, this year my pay increased, but I still earned £4.9K

Would I be wrong in saying my pay increased?

I could tell you that last year I earned £4.9k, this year my pay increased, but I still earned £4.9K

No.

The unemployment statistics are measured to one decimal place. The figure may have increased from 4.934% to 4.935% (for example) but this would not be reflected in the figure that is published.

Nobody is suggesting that the figures have been static - the article says that unemployment rose by 10,000.

The article also said this is well within the margin of error and so is insignificant.

Be better to liken it to saying you earned 4.5% of your companies payroll, you get a pay increase, but your company take on several more worker. you get a pay increase but as a % of company payroll it stays the same at 4.5%

The article also said this is well within the margin of error and so is insignificant.

When the headline says "holds steady", they are not being truthful. I thought the BBC tried not to make a story from the news, but to report it factually?

When the headline says "holds steady", they are not being truthful. I thought the BBC tried not to make a story from the news, but to report it factually?

As the article explains, 10,000 is well within the margin of error (which I think is 79,000).

Any other headline would also be untruthful.