The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

You can't just make stuff up you know. It's bad form.

The predictions of prompt recession were wrong. I shan't say false, because they might have believed them at the time. But they were wrong.

As a result, those who made such predictions have lost credibility with moderates and rightly so.

Predictions of a recession when we leave Europe. We haven't even started the process of leaving Europe yet.

Nor were those predictions made by the chancellor.

At bit of extra paperwork and in some cases by paying small tariffs.

which someone has to fill in and check and someone else has to read. i doubt these people would do it out of the goodness of their hearts.

the wto tariff on some stuff is around 10%, hardly a small tariff

Predictions of a recession when we leave Europe. We haven't even started the process of leaving Europe yet.

Nor were those predictions made by the chancellor.

As I have proven multiple times on this forum and even on this thread, the department which the Chancellor heads, the Treasury, specifically predicted a prompt recession following the vote itself.

You're normally a very honest person, at least from what I see on this forum. Don't let your passion on this matter compromise you.

Many on both sides have done so and will regret it.

As I have proven multiple times on this forum and even on this thread, the department which the Chancellor heads, the Treasury, specifically predicted a prompt recession following the vote itself.

In the Autumn statement and other institutions say that the UK is/was the fastest growing economy, google says India or China.

I havnt got time to search now, but with a falling pound and the recent crash and forcasts; it doesnt feel like a growing economy to me.

I havnt got time to search now, but with a falling pound and the recent crash and forcasts; it doesnt feel like a growing economy to me.

¿ We'll discard all data then shall we and instead rely on your intuition. ¿

---------- Post added 27-11-2016 at 10:43 ----------

Isn't that pretty much what UK businesses will face if they want to export to Europe?

Yup. Although on WTO MFN rules on tariffs by sector, and given that we operate a trade deficit with the EU; the EU will have to pay far more in tariffs to the UK government than we'll have to pay them.

---------- Post added 27-11-2016 at 10:49 ----------

which someone has to fill in and check and someone else has to read. i doubt these people would do it out of the goodness of their hearts.

the wto tariff on some stuff is around 10%, hardly a small tariff

What blatant spin. The 10% tariff is exceptional and not standard. The weighted average is 2-3% depending on how you measure it.

The admin costs are negligible.

Edited by unbeliever

¿ We'll discard all data then shall we and instead rely on your intuition. ¿.

Just watching Peston on Sunday, they read out the same comment from a viewer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_real_GDP_growth_rate

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/31/news/economy/india-economy-gdp-narendra-modi/

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/india-worlds-fastest-growing-economy-sees-drop-forex-reserves-amid-demonetisation-705644

Just watching Peston on Sunday, they read out the same comment from a viewer.

¿ So we'll wind up the OBR then and just pick a random twittering from the net. ¿

The developing nations almost always grow faster. They're starting from a lower base. We're the fastest growing in the G7 and even the OBR say that will continue regardless of the matter of Brexit.

The developing nations almost always grow faster. They're starting from a lower base. We're the fastest growing in the G7 and even the OBR say that will continue regardless of the matter of Brexit.

Who is cherry picking now, lol

I have heard of the G8?, G10? and the G20?, the G7 seems to be a group of nations, leaving out important ones like India and China.

Who is cherry picking now, lol

I have heard of the G8?, G10? and the G20?, the G7 seems to be a group of nations, leaving out important ones like India and China.

If you think that it's even vaguely possible to achieve Chinese or Indian levels of growth in an economy which is already fully industrialised then you're living in a fantasy world.