The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

People would prefer employment like pre 1980s when unemployment was around 2%, wages might rise then.

Back in the 1979 election the Tories used this poster

http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/history-advertising-no-90-labour-isnt-working-poster/1281255

unemployment was less than a million but had risen to 1.4 million

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22070491

Was that 'full' employment? Its now 1.64 million, but ...

The real level of unemployment across Britain is nearly 3.5 million – almost a million more than the highest official estimate and two million more than the number claiming Jobseeker’s Allowance.

http://www4.shu.ac.uk/research/cresr/news/real-level-unemployment-almost-35million-new-report

I agree as it happens. I'm not arguing the figures are accurate. Far from it. The elephant in the room is underemployment, either involuntary or through choice.

Loads of people are stuck on low hours having income topped up by tax credits, housing benefit etc... In some ways they are trapped in that situation because full time work won't cover their outgoings. I'm not sure there is anything quite like it anywhere else in the EU.

Your point being? , why have we got such a large demand for workers then...

Unemployment is just an inevitable part of capitalism, it's naivety to think it's just some sort of maths jigsaw where you can put an unemployed person in a job, people are not just pawns who can be thrust where the market demands.

There's a link that seems to be ignored between immigration and success. They're intertwined and a lot of people appear to be giving the impression that immigrants are interlopers feeding off the success, when they're actually part of it.

And also sign of a thriving country-the demand on infrastructure so beloved as reason to curb immigration would still be there if you halt newcomers because the demand is met as if arises not in advance. If a million people left the service would be cut to about the same level, below par.

The point is there will no longer be free movement of people, between the UK and the EU after BREXIT meaning the UK should now be planning to fill more job vacancies from people already here. The unemployment figures prove we have the people to fill the jobs and with better training and tougher action by the Government, to make work more attractive than not working for the lazy or those who don't wish to do menial jobs, then lower immigration will not have a negative impact on our country.

Nobody is saying that the UK hasn't benefited as a consequence of immigration, but recently the numbers have become to high putting too much pressure on our resources and public services.

Edited by Gamston

Nobody wanted out if it was going to personally cost them money. They simply believed the lies that it would actually somehow save them money

No. Many of those wishing the UK to quit the EU farce do so on grounds of principle.

Whether the UK will gain or lose is (a) in the future and therefore (b) guesswork, so © indeterminable.

No. Many of those wishing the UK to quit the EU farce do so on grounds of principle.

Whether the UK will gain or lose is (a) in the future and therefore (b) guesswork, so © indeterminable.

The polls would indicate that you're wrong.

Now that they're faced with the facts of personally losing money, they're keen enough to change their mind.

I fail to see your point about the future. Nobody claimed to be able to fortel it with 100% accuracy, but not even Nigel Farage would deny now that leaving the EU is going to cost the country and individuals money.

For example, if I ask you to, will you jump off a bridge in front of a bus. No, I suspect not. And when I ask why, it's the pain and death that would occur. So then I say, well, it's in the future, that's guesswork, it's indeterminate, so off you go... You still don't jump do you. Getting it?

Now that they're faced with the facts of personally losing money, they're keen enough to change their mind.

Has anyone got the balls to run another referendum, or even the balls to trigger article 50?

I fail to see your point about the future. Nobody claimed to be able to fortel it with 100% accuracy, but not even Nigel Farage would deny now that leaving the EU is going to cost the country and individuals money.

For example, if I ask you to, will you jump off a bridge in front of a bus. No, I suspect not. And when I ask why, it's the pain and death that would occur. So then I say, well, it's in the future, that's guesswork, it's indeterminate, so off you go... You still don't jump do you. Getting it?

You found a poll that suits your view is all.

Has anyone got the balls to run another referendum, or even the balls to trigger article 50?

The EU referendum result was decisive, so why on earth is another referendum needed, less than six months later, before the democratic wishes of the electorate have been carried out ? Mrs May has already stated when article 50 will be triggered by and it is others, who wish to prevent this happening.

The EU referendum result was decisive, so why on earth is another referendum needed, less than six months later, before the democratic wishes of the electorate have been carried out ? Mrs May has already stated when article 50 will be triggered by and it is others, who wish to prevent this happening.

Can I quote Mr Farage...

“In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way.”

Can I also remind you that this was a second referendum and went against the democratic wishes of those who vited into the EU in the first place...?

You found a poll that suits your view is all.

The only poll which has any credibility was the Referendum vote on 23rd June. If I remember correctly all those other pretend polls, before June 23rd proved to be not correct. However, no doubt as you imply, there will be plenty of pretend polls out there, for deluded remain voters to take comfort from.

---------- Post added 12-12-2016 at 19:10 ----------

Can I quote Mr Farage...

“In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way.”

Can I also remind you that this was a second referendum and went against the democratic wishes of those who vited into the EU in the first place...?

You can quote who ever you like, but that will not alter the fact that the UK are leaving the EU.

If the first vote you refer to was in 1975, then the third vote is scheduled for circa 2057.

Edited by Gamston
added

They are planning another referendum on the issue of Scotland leaving the UK, because people may have changed their mind, since the first one.

If we dont leave for a few years, and the polls show in favour of staying in; is that what May is hoping for?

Delay, indecision, delay, delay!!

---------- Post added 12-12-2016 at 19:52 ----------

Dieselgate: EC/EU begins legal action against UK and other EU nations because of their failure to prosecute VW, like they have in USA.

With thousands of excess deaths due to vehicle fumes, only the EU is looking after our health against the big corporations.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/dec/08/dieselgate-ec-legal-action-eu-uk-germany-spain-emissions