The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

The unemployment figures prove the opposite. The Conservatives boasted about creating 2m jobs in 4 years. At that rate our supply of unemployed using your bizarrely simplistic numbers game would be quickly exhausted. Everybody would be employed and businesses would be competing for workers. Workers could pick and choose where they worked demanding ever high wages. Inflation would go stratospheric. Businesses would buckle because of worker shortages and workers constantly hopping jobs.

Hmmmmm, where will we get more workers............

My bold=

Through controlled immigration..........

Workers could pick and choose where they worked demanding ever high wages. Inflation would go stratospheric. Businesses would buckle because of worker shortages and workers constantly hopping jobs.

If it gets that bad the inflation would create unemployment. Is the life in countries with lower immigration harmed?

We have had riots, is that the norm for rich/happy countries?

My bold=

Through controlled immigration..........

So basically from the same places and in the same numbers as now.

This is the Tories problem. They claim to have created millions of jobs and they claim to have high employment levels. They are also boasting about high rates of growth.

It's all off the back of the high immigration levels they have allowed. They need that to continue. So your controlled immigration is basically the same immigration as now so their economic games can carry on.

The alternative is to tank the economy but then trust me they'd be out of power for a decade if they do.

---------- Post added 13-12-2016 at 07:52 ----------

If it gets that bad the inflation would create unemployment. Is the life in countries with lower immigration harmed?

We have had riots, is that the norm for rich/happy countries?

Surging inflation would cause the BofE to push up interest rates.

Happy days!

The unemployment figures prove the opposite. The Conservatives boasted about creating 2m jobs in 4 years. At that rate our supply of unemployed using your bizarrely simplistic numbers game would be quickly exhausted. Everybody would be employed and businesses would be competing for workers. Workers could pick and choose where they worked demanding ever high wages. Inflation would go stratospheric. Businesses would buckle because of worker shortages and workers constantly hopping jobs.

Hmmmmm, where will we get more workers............

Controlled immigration

BUT we should be aiming to lower the current levels of unemployment. You seem to be looking for problems and hoping for the worse for our country after BREXIT.

Edited by Gamston
typo correction

Controlled immigration

BUT we should be aiming to lower the current levels of employment. You seem to be looking for problems and hoping for the worse for our country after BREXIT.

Seriously?!?

Do you want or need to be reminded about your posts in the "Should our unemployed pick fruits" thread?

The mind truly boggles.

Surging inflation would cause the BofE to push up interest rates.

Happy days!

Yes, please :twisted: Edited by L00b

Seriously?!?

Do you want or need to be reminded about your posts in the "Should our unemployed pick fruits" thread?

The mind truly boggles.

You've lost me now :confused:

I thought you were pointing out my typo error. By all means remind me, then I might understand your point :)

Oh dear.

Two of our major suppliers put their prices up by between 5 and 10% in the summer, I`ve just been informed that they`re doing so again in January. In 20 years in business I`ve never known two significant price rises in only 6 months. I was told it was mainly due to the weak pound because of Brexit. We obviously put our prices up by between 5 and 10% in the summer and will be doing so again in January.

What I can`t understand is that, apparently, the inflation rate is only supposed to be about 1.5%. I don`t see how it can stay any where near as low as that.

Edited by Justin Smith

Interest rates will be going up in USA, and then we will follow, not a big deal, back to normality.

Not for people in massive debt it won't. Personal debt is now at record levels. Even just a couple of percent on interest rates will be crippling.

I think Farage is going to need a USA bolt hole. People are going to be calling for his head on a spike

I thought you were pointing out my typo error. By all means remind me, then I might understand your point :)
I wasn't aware that your post contained a typo when I quoted it, which mentioned "employment" instead of "unemployment".

Unemployment which, as I1L2T3 informed you in the said "fruit pickers" thread, and as you acknowledge in clear, is actually quite low in the UK:

Its not the total unemployment that tells you the real level of slackness in the workforce but the total of long term unemployed. And that number is actually quite low. The rest are transistively unemployed, between jobs basically.

Yes, that is a fair point. It would be interesting to know the unemployment figures for people who have been out of work for over six months and over 12 months. Also it would be interesting to know the unemployment figures for people, who have an history of not lasting very long in a job, before being unemployed again.

By all means, try and reduce it further. Means wages, prices and interests all going up. Personally, all good for me :thumbsup: